Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPM

Hiroshi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I played with them for a while on SP01 Shadows.  There were two generations and I had both.  I don't think the pistol flipped any less but it seemed to settle back more smoothly giving me a better idea of where my sights were before breaking the next shot.  I thought it helped with shot calling but my splits were the same either way.

I liked the feel but didn't like that I was married to their springs, which at least at the time were hard to get hold of.  It's not a night and day difference but back to back I liked the feel of the DPM.  Since then I've moved to single stacks and Shadow 2s for production and didn't think it was enough of a difference to mess with buying more.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have two 2011s in .40. One is an Edge and the other is a custom gun.

The 'smith who built the custom gun recommended the DPM and I really  didn't want it, thinking it was a gimmick. At the end, he installed and tuned it for free, and supplied the normal guide rod and springs which I could switch to if I still wanted.
I didn't switch...

It doesn't make a difference in split times, but while running bill drills, it is much easier to track the front sight (although the custom gun is better balanced, one must be honest).

Another thing I noticed is that I was suffering from tendonitis in my hand while running the normal guide rod - it disappeared with the DPM-equipped gun.

So, for me it worked in a major PF round. For 9mm? I honestly wouldn't bother, after all, there's pretty much no recoil to speak of.

• 2 weeks later...

I put this in my M&P Pro Core 9L about a year ago, and I really like it.  Not game changing, but  you can definitely notice a difference for the better.  My Pro Core is set up with all Apex stuff and is geared towards 3gun and USPSA production, just for a little background on it - not stock.

Edited by Snausages32