Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blitkrieg buffer failure

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Photon said:

I've been reading about the failures thinking how happy I've been with mine, no problems. Went to the range yesterday of course it broke. I've been calling Blitzkrieg but their mail box is full and they're not accepting calls.?????

Try text, the number on the site is his cell phone.

I was one of the initial testers on the Biltz 5015HD buffer in my JP GMR-15.  I found more dot movement than with the 5015HD buffer no matter which spring (JP polished rifle or carbine) I used so ended up staying with the 5007 buffer.  Bolt was stock JP and does not have a weight in it.  Results would be different with different bolts obviously.  I also short stroke my rifle by .750 and use a 25lb wave spring in the rear behind the delrin spacer.

Edited by 10cup
On 12/14/2018 at 9:25 AM, bwikel said:

Those of you running the new 5015 HD version of the blitz buffer have you noticed any differences from the 5007 if using the same spring?

Just got the 5015hd, the way the plunger attaches to front bumper is different. Instead of being staked it is now does t go al the way through and had a set screw. It does feel like there is more resistance with hydraulic, we get out later this week to test fire. 

5 hours ago, JZELEK said:

Any range updates from the guys who picked up the 5015HD?

I received mine last week. I put 400 rounds from practice and 200 in a uspsa match. No issues as of yet, but 600 rounds isn’t a large sample size to test durability.  Worked best with red sprinco, wave 95 inch pound and 1/2 spacer.

I bought the 2.6 oz spacer and it did not fit well in my Bcm buffer tube. The bolt wouldn’t return to battery every time. As the spacer wouldn’t return to the detent. 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, mike NM said:

WOW, TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!, Just got off the phone with Blitskrieg. Turns out, they  had become aware of some failures in the 1st. design that started showing up...There were 2 areas that have been improved. Luckly, I had purchased the buffer from them and they had my purchase date (Sept., 2017). They are sending the new version and a return tag so they may better research the failure. NOT made in China!!!

I hope they do the same for me.  I just sent them an email, after confirming that my Blitzkrieg was indeed the problem.  Mine had not broken into 2 pieces as some have, but caused all kinds of issues with extraction and feeding.

17 minutes ago, JackinSD said:

I hope they do the same for me.  I just sent them an email, after confirming that my Blitzkrieg was indeed the problem.  Mine had not broken into 2 pieces as some have, but caused all kinds of issues with extraction and feeding.

How did you determine it was the blitz buffer causing your issues?

59 minutes ago, bwikel said:

How did you determine it was the blitz buffer causing your issues?

I removed the Blitz buffer and replaced it with my stock buffer and everything returned to operational.  I used the exact same magazines and ammo.   Previously, had multiple jams (failure to extract).  My first thought was there was an extractor problem, but I decided to just change out the buffer first (after reading several posts here).  200 rounds out the pipe today and not a single problem.

I have already heard back from Blitzkrieg and it looks as if they will be taking care of the problem for me.

22 minutes ago, Photon said:

Not arguing what caused your problem. Just trying to understand how a new Blitzkrieg would solve it. Was the buffer hyd.s not working? 

Thanks for the responce.

I don't know that it will solve the problem, but I am willing to try it.  I cannot find anything wrong with the Blitzkrieg from the outside of it.  It still seems to work just like it did when I received it.  I put it in the buffer tube and it may fire 1 round or 20 and then I will have a jam (failure to extract/eject).  I put in my stock buffer and all the mags (same mags and ammo) I tried worked perfectly.  I had previously taken the buffer and spring out and cleaned the tube just to see if something might have gotten in there.  Took it back out and had the same problems.  I wish I could put a finger on why and what was actually causing the problem, but I cannot.

Here is what I do know:

1.  Worked with Blitzkrieg for 10 months.

2.  Started getting multiple failures per mag.

3.  Removed Blitzkrieg and replaced with stock buffer.

4.  Runs everything I put in it now.

On 12/18/2018 at 8:10 PM, Bwillis said:

I received mine last week. I put 400 rounds from practice and 200 in a uspsa match. No issues as of yet, but 600 rounds isn’t a large sample size to test durability.  Worked best with red sprinco, wave 95 inch pound and 1/2 spacer.

I bought the 2.6 oz spacer and it did not fit well in my Bcm buffer tube. The bolt wouldn’t return to battery every time. As the spacer wouldn’t return to the detent.

From the Blitzkrieg web site:

Blitzkrieg Components / KynSHOT PCC Buffer Weight/Spacer 2.6 oz

The PCC buffer weight is inserted into the buffer tube after you insert the buffer and spring, so the weight is in front in the buffer tube. During cycling, the weight is in between the bolt and the buffer. It is sized for a close fit in the buffer tube for minimal tilting and smooth operation. We have found that fit is very good on POF and VLTOR buffer tubes. Some brands run a bit smaller inside and may be too tight. So if in doubt, check the measurements.

Dimensions:
Length: .75"
Weight: 2.62 oz

Diameter: .998"

I'm using a Vltor A5 extension tube...  I've been making my buffer spacers .980" in diameter and that's still somewhat tight in the tube...  .998" in diameter sounds very tight to me...

6 hours ago, JackinSD said:

I removed the Blitz buffer and replaced it with my stock buffer and everything returned to operational.  I used the exact same magazines and ammo.   Previously, had multiple jams (failure to extract).  My first thought was there was an extractor problem, but I decided to just change out the buffer first (after reading several posts here).  200 rounds out the pipe today and not a single problem.

I have already heard back from Blitzkrieg and it looks as if they will be taking care of the problem for me.

What effect does the buffer have on extraction?  I can see some effect on ejection if it doesn't allow the empty case to strike the ejector but I'm lost on how a buffer could effect extraction. Please explain. 

18 minutes ago, bwikel said:

What effect does the buffer have on extraction?  I can see some effect on ejection if it doesn't allow the empty case to strike the ejector but I'm lost on how a buffer could effect extraction. Please explain. 

When I was putting my first PCC together, I tried different springs/buffers, and a regular carbine spring/buffer apparently wasn't returning the BCG strongly enough, so it seemed the extractor wasn't fully grabbing the case/rim, and I would get a stuck case and double feed.

So in that case I guess the spring was too weak and/or the buffer is too light.  How a malfunctioning hydraulic would simulate that I don't quite know, but if it's worth anything there's this example.

Edited by MoRivera
Just now, MoRivera said:

When I was putting my first PCC together, I tried different springs/buffers, and a regular carbine spring/buffer apparently wasn't returning the BCG strongly enough, so it seemed the extractor wasn't fully grabbing the case/rim, and I would get a stuck case and double feed.

That sounds like a spring issue not a buffer issue.  

Right, so as I said, I don't quite know how a hydraulic would cause the same, unless something in the piston action was interfering with the return stroke somehow.  A misalignment of the piston/plunger hanging on the tube walls or kinking within the spring, maybe?

Edited by MoRivera
On 12/14/2018 at 9:25 AM, bwikel said:

Those of you running the new 5015 HD version of the blitz buffer have you noticed any differences from the 5007 if using the same spring?

Shoot a couple hundred rounds comparing my 5007 to 5015hd buffer. Initial impression is the 5015 does feel slightly firmer but it was very hard to tell them apart. I think it will take some more testing to see how long the hydraulic resistance holds up. My 5007 buffers seem to loose the hydraulic dampening after only a few thousand rounds. 

19 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

Shoot a couple hundred rounds comparing my 5007 to 5015hd buffer. Initial impression is the 5015 does feel slightly firmer but it was very hard to tell them apart. I think it will take some more testing to see how long the hydraulic resistance holds up. My 5007 buffers seem to loose the hydraulic dampening after only a few thousand rounds. 

Were you running the weight/SS spacer with the 5015hd?