Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther PPQ Q5 ???

sandrooney

They’re terrific guns. Very happy with my Walthers.

If you want the dot mounted down into the slide, buy a 5” PPQ send the slide to L&M precision instead of getting a Q5. I went this route and love it.

You can’t go back to irons, but it’s much easier to adapt to the dot and to find it shooting weak-hand-only when it’s where your irons belong, instead of up high.

(I shoot a Q5 in Production, a modified standard length PPQ M2 in CO)

FD0C3F8D-EDE1-4666-B4A4-D3C7274D6A49.thumb.jpeg.778b88e69a67fa3aafaf5caad39e1019.jpeg 

CDCDA95C-62EB-43D4-A52E-CDD01A7038A9.thumb.jpeg.5a4c0ae5fa8616ebcfbbae9c91b46313.jpeg

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I shoot neither but have shot both. I'd choose the Walther. IMO, the most accurate out of the box polymer gun made. I've never had a M&P shoot very well. I'm sure it's a load development issue but the Q5 has been so awesome!

I shoot a G34 in CO so, I'm not just trying to push what I shoot to reinforce my choices!  

8 minutes ago, Sniperboy said:

Evan, did L&M do those slide cuts/windows for you too? 

Mark Housel is the O.G. for slide milling and is the bomb : )

He did. They cost a good bit extra, but I wanted to give it a try. A total experiment. The gun is very snappy with such a short slide, and being so light. Shooting it next to a CO-equipped X5 it feels like it has twice as much recoil. But my dot is back faster. As long as you grip like a caveman, she’s flat and fast:

Really depends on your hand size.  I have medium size hands and the Q5 fits me well.  Guys with large hands it hangs off the bottom of the grip.  Q5 is dependable and accurate.  Trigger is good to go as is.  I did feel the Q5 was over sprung and changed to a steel guide rod with a  13lb flat wire 1911 recoil spring.

• 4 weeks later...