Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TP9 SFX Tungsten Rod?

shakin_bakin

Wondering if anyone has used a P320 X Five Tungsten rod in a TP9 SFX yet? I know the P320 rods will work with 1911 springs, but I'm trying to get the X five tungsten rod so I can get a couple more ounces on the front end. 
I currently use a G34 stainless steel rod with 13 pound spring. 

Thanks for the help

I am running the tungsten rod for the 17L in my SFx for the time being with a Wolff 13lb spring and a gen 4 adapter. The lip on my gen 4 adapter was a little too large for it to sit flush in the Canik's slide so I just reduced the outer diameter slightly. As you have to be able to remove the adapter to get the barrel out, I made mine a press fit that is just tight enough to require moderate pressure to pop it out of the slide. It's just enough to keep me from losing the adapter if I take the slide off at the range. 

On 12/7/2018 at 3:06 PM, Weapon said:

I am running the tungsten rod for the 17L in my SFx for the time being with a Wolff 13lb spring and a gen 4 adapter. The lip on my gen 4 adapter was a little too large for it to sit flush in the Canik's slide so I just reduced the outer diameter slightly. As you have to be able to remove the adapter to get the barrel out, I made mine a press fit that is just tight enough to require moderate pressure to pop it out of the slide. It's just enough to keep me from losing the adapter if I take the slide off at the range. 

Was there a substantial difference from steel to tungsten? Trying to figure out if its worth the $100

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...