Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much brass is to much?

I just picked up the left overs my club did not get sold this summer. 232.25lbs of assorted.  The break down is

52.25lbs 9mm

22lbs 30-06

149lbs 223

Then a little bit of everything.

I just couldn't say no.  Paid .15 a lb over scrap.

2 minutes ago, rustychev said:

How much brass is to much?

I just picked up the left overs my club did not get sold this summer. 232.25lbs of assorted.  The break down is

52.25lbs 9mm

22lbs 30-06

149lbs 223

Then a little bit of everything.

I just couldn't say no.  Paid .15 a lb over scrap.

Sounds like an ad to me....too.bad you don't have over 200 posts to use the brass sales forum. Sorry I'll have to close this soon.

Nope not a add.  Not for sale.  Thus the hording comment.  I will be keeping all the 9 30-06 and most of the 223 I may sort the military stuff out to sell as I load on a 650.  Just have to see how the winter goes.

As long as you have the space for it I don't think there's necessarily a "too much".

As long as you keep it protected from the elements it won't go bad so you could always use it for trades, scrap, etc.

I'm sure there are others on the forum who have 55 gallon drums full of brass but they still look for more "good deals"!!!

Ok apparently Grumpy one is right this dose look like a sales add to some people from the two IMs I have gotten.  I am not selling this brass.  Both because I have a few m1s ARs and shoot 9 in SS and production.

Secondly this is not the sales area and I can't post brass sales at this time.  So if and or when I do sell some it will not be here.

Please no more PMs I will not sell it here until I am allowed to do that on this site.  

PS this was meant to be a funny post as I can't be the only guy with 5 plus 5 gallon buckets of 9mm stacked up right??  And still buying more.

Edited by rustychev

8 hours ago, rustychev said:

Ok apparently Grumpy one is right this dose look like a sales add to some people from the two IMs I have gotten.  I am not selling this brass.  Both because I have a few m1s ARs and shoot 9 in SS and production.

Secondly this is not the sales area and I can't post brass sales at this time.  So if and or when I do sell some it will not be here.

Please no more PMs I will not sell it here until I am allowed to do that on this site.  

PS this was meant to be a funny post as I can't be the only guy with 5 plus 5 gallon buckets of 9mm stacked up right??  And still buying more.

I have four 5 gallon buckets of 9mm that I keep in reserve. 

I have at least 25,000 9mm brass lying around - most of it has been cleaned up

and ready to load    :)

Can't have too much - over the past few years, there has been shortages of

Bullets, Powder and Primers - I'm just waiting for a shortage of brass    :) 

I generally keep 1000 empties for each pistol caliber I have that get used as practice ammo. I keep 3-400 loaded. For serious applications I buy new brass or use verifiable once fired brass. For rifles I keep around 200 empties and 100 loaded but I don't shoot the rifles all that often.

11 hours ago, Dranoel said:

I generally keep 1000 empties for each pistol caliber I have that get used as practice ammo. I keep 3-400 loaded. For serious applications I buy new brass or use verifiable once fired brass. For rifles I keep around 200 empties and 100 loaded but I don't shoot the rifles all that often.

I could never shoot if that was all I had.  I load all winter 12000 in just 9.

So I can shoot for the summer without worrying about running low.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oddly enough, I hoard it too... A lot gets loaded, but I have stuff I know I am not going to load.  Question I always ask myself is why I am keeping it... easy answer is, I may need it one day and don't want to buy it.

16 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

HAd an X that brought me a 55 gallon drum of once fired 40,,,   kept her around a few years,,,, hoping for another,,, but eventually the crazy outweighed the free brass

Lol... I hear this from my wife every now and again when she goes out to the garage!:)

On 12/4/2018 at 7:59 PM, rustychev said:

Hi Ya ,just  for bragging rights. I currently have 4 x 5gal pails. Each one diff caliber. Comes from eights years of competition at outdoor Range.  Now older and shoot fewer matches. I’m not sure if I could ever use it up. But I’ll try. 😊

• 3 months later...