Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holosun 510C is huge

highhope

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Davidp1911 said:

I may try a HS 510C on my Veprcat down the road but want to try out the Romeo first. I had a 507 on my CO pistol and the dot went out after about 20rds so I returned it and went with an RMR. Curious what the longevity will be on for the 510 compared to a C-More...

The 510C is hugely. I saw a guy that had one on an Open Gun and it looked good, but he removed the cover. When are they going to start making RMR with the Round Cmore Glass? But half the length of the regular Cmore.

7 hours ago, Davidp1911 said:

I may try a HS 510C on my Veprcat down the road but want to try out the Romeo first. I had a 507 on my CO pistol and the dot went out after about 20rds so I returned it and went with an RMR. Curious what the longevity will be on for the 510 compared to a C-More...

The 507's were recalled because of issues.  Holosun has since fixed the problem.

I've read about the same issues with the dot disappearing months ago seems there are defective ones still floating around. I didn't want to risk exchanging a defective for another and/or sending it back for repair. Anyways, the RMR type 2 was only a few dollars more and the dot is much brighter less flaring and overall build quality is much better. You get what you pay for...

Have 510C on both PCC's and love them.  Waiting on a Blank mount for my Open gun from Tiger.  The holes I have in my frame won't match up with CMore standard hole pattern.  Waiting with baited breath.🔫

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 4:39 PM, highhope said:

I am using 4 -60 screws, and one-side mount. will see how that mount hold. BTW, 510c is lighter than cmore slideride, many shooters use one side mount for cmore, right? 

Holosun 510c weight: 8.3 ounces

Cmore Slide Ride: 3 ounces

5 hours ago, StandardError said:

I'm thinking of going down this route as well and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to see if the 1-sided is rigid enough or whether I should go w/ the 2-sided mount.

Uh.....That's not true. The first thing I noticed about the 510 was it's weight. It's a pretty heavy red dot. Plastic sliderides are waaay lighter.

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

Oh crap. I forgot you guys are putting this monstrosity on Open guns! LOL I am putting it on a PCC that I'll never shoot. LOLOL

I have one on my PCC(and 22) that I shoot 1x a year. Still rts2's for me. 

Edited by echotango