Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holosun 510C is huge

highhope

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loving my 510c the window is huge!! I'm using the TEvo Sports double sided mount, I went with the double sided mount since the 510c has a little bit of weight to it and the dot shouldn't wiggle around in the window as much. I've shot around 3-4k of 9mm major with it and so far its been running great but we'll see, though I think it will hold up fine. The other great thing is there only $270-280 shipped at least on optics planet they are right now.

14 hours ago, kujo929 said:

Have you been able to compare brightness to the DPP or the 6MOA Romeo sight? I’m using both those now. Romeo is the brightest I have found so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, I compared to dpp 2,5moa, R3 3moa and 8moa RTS2. For brightness, 510C is similar to R3 3moa and RTS2, a little brighter than my DPP . But dot is kind of small, wish they will produce a 6moa or 8moa reddot with the huge window

15 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I am thinking of trying a Holosun 510C on one of my open pistols. I love the way they are working on my PCC's and 15/22. I wonder how well the mount will hole up? Thanks, Eric

I am using 4 -60 screws, and one-side mount. will see how that mount hold. BTW, 510c is lighter than cmore slideride, many shooters use one side mount for cmore, right? 

15 hours ago, kujo929 said:

Have you been able to compare brightness to the DPP or the 6MOA Romeo sight? I’m using both those now. Romeo is the brightest I have found so far.

I don’t shoot open, but I run a 2.5 DPP on my CO gun and a 510c on my PCC. The Holosun is about as bright as the DPP, which is already really bright. 

I’m still on the original battery in the 510, which is backed up by a solar cell. Just leave the optic on all day long at the range and don’t think about it.

14 hours ago, sean_stw said:

The other great thing is there only $270-280 shipped at least on optics planet they are right now.

Email in, and get set up for the Enos forum discount through Shooters Connection. They’re quite a bit cheaper than that. ;) 

I should have specified the DPP and romeo1 I’ve compared were the 7.5 moa triangle DPP and the 6moa romeo1. I know the 6moa Romeo is brighter than the 3 and was told today that the 2.5moa DPP is much brighter than the 7.5 moa version. I’ve got a 2.5moa DPP coming on my Atlas Chaos in a couple weeks so am hoping it is bright enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, kujo929 said:

I was told today that the 2.5moa DPP is much brighter than the 7.5 moa version.

You were told correctly. The 2.5MOA is as bright or brighter than the Romeos. On the brightest summer days I still often run it one notch down from full power.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

10 hours ago, highhope said:

As I know, Tevo Sports is the only company making mounts for it .....

I have visited with Tiger at TEvo about his mounts and while they do look like very good and well made mounts I am hoping to find one that will position the 510C about a 1/4" forward on the pistol. That way the ejected cases will not hit the back corner of the sight. 

5 minutes ago, Don_B said:

I have visited with Tiger at TEvo about his mounts and while they do look like very good and well made mounts I am hoping to find one that will position the 510C about a 1/4" forward on the pistol. That way the ejected cases will not hit the back corner of the sight. 

Just move it fwd one hole.  Have seen this a couple time with his mount.