Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holosun 510C is huge

highhope

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two 510Cs on ARs. They’re probably the best AR red dot I’ve used or looked they. I had no idea it was removable from the mount. I will definitely be looking into swapping this onto my open gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kujo929 said:

I put one on the Chaos I just received. Don’t have enough rounds down range to make judgement yet but like it so far.

fd49bdc95ab09a5742504682c44d6fde.jpg

What mount are you using.?? 

I mounted a 510C on my carbine... I love it... large viewing area... lots of brightness settings ..  can change from dot to circle or both... and don't have to turn off the dot all day.. according to Holosun the battery will last 5,000 hours... plus a solar back up if the battery dies...

On 1/25/2019 at 10:38 PM, kujo929 said:

I put one on the Chaos I just received. Don’t have enough rounds down range to make judgement yet but like it so far.

fd49bdc95ab09a5742504682c44d6fde.jpg

Very Nice man..

• 3 months later...

I recently put one on my Chaos using the mount from Atlas.  No ejection issues at all.  Sight itself is pretty awesome.  The only draw back is it gets blasted pretty good by the holes in my barrel.  Have to make sure I wipe the lens off after every stage.  I'm thinking about adding the Tevo blast shield to it.  I assume it would work with the atlas mount.  

I recently put one on my Chaos using the mount from Atlas.  No ejection issues at all.  Sight itself is pretty awesome.  The only draw back is it gets blasted pretty good by the holes in my barrel.  Have to make sure I wipe the lens off after every stage.  I'm thinking about adding the Tevo blast shield to it.  I assume it would work with the atlas mount.  

I have opposite. I have one on my Chaos also but purchased before atlas made a mount. So I have the tevo mount. No blast on glass at all. However I do have some marks on back of optic body indicating some impacts. Ejected fine though

Interesting indeed! The Atlas mount does sit further forward from what I have heard, which also makes me wonder if the blast shield will affect the popple hole's gas dispersion.

Kujo - you're running 9mm major? Mixed brass?

Interesting indeed! The Atlas mount does sit further forward from what I have heard, which also makes me wonder if the blast shield will affect the popple hole's gas dispersion.

Kujo - you're running 9mm major? Mixed brass?

Yes 9mm major. And embarrassingly awful range brass. This batch probably should have been scrapped. But it still ejects. 7b5e7ac855bc90d4f542c72b1915f340.jpg

Rear of optic body

5 minutes ago, lacivilian said:

The limcat mount is by far the best out there. Absolutely zero residue on the lens after hundreds of rounds the past few days. I go with and stand behind quality products and this is one of them.

IMG_7645.jpg

Can you post a pic of the other side?  Thanks

22 hours ago, hitman_usmc said:

I’m 99% sure about switching over to the 510C.   Just gotta choose which mount to get.  

I just looked at the Atlas website, and their Holosun mount includes a blast shield.  

Does your Atlas mount not have the blast shield or is the blast shield ineffective?

Where are you finding the photo of the Atlas mount? From everything I've seen they don't have a blast shield as part of theirs for the 510c but they have a blast shield for all their micro dot mounts (my DPP mount included). 

The Atlas mount is a little closer to the popple holes to reduce ejection issues, but that means the optic gets blasted even more. I'm wondering how the gas dispersion would be affected if you use the Tevo blast shield on the Atlas mount.