Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended mag release for forgedPSA 9

I’m looking for an extended mag release fit my forged PSA Ar9. I called Odin a works and they told me the XGMR1 would be what I needed. Today then it arrived I found out they were wrong. Not even a close fit. (The pivot pin to mag engagement point were waaaay off. 

So, does anybody know of a product that WILL work on the forged PSA AR9 loser?

37 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

I couldn't find one to work for mine either, so I used an Odin works extended mag button for a regular AR on mine. 

I drilled and tapped the factory mag release then installed the extended lever directly on. 

it's magical. 

20181204_160038.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of that too. It looks good. I may have to go that route. 

In the mean time I did a deeper search of PSA’s website & found they have their own branded one - https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-custom-ar-9-9mm-extended-mag-release-116013.html

it’s out of stock, but I think I’ll wait & order one. My fall back plan will be as noted above. 

15 minutes ago, mitommy said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of that too. It looks good. I may have to go that route. 

In the mean time I did a deeper search of PSA’s website & found they have their own branded one - https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-custom-ar-9-9mm-extended-mag-release-116013.html

it’s out of stock, but I think I’ll wait & order one. My fall back plan will be as noted above. 

I don't think that one will work. 

If yours is the same as mine, the button is straight the whole length. Not thicker and coming down at the end that holds the mag. 20181204_170708.thumb.jpg.a1b13444e3e9c9497290a189ff172752.jpg

3 hours ago, Matt1911 said:

Ok so I did some research and I guess mine is a Gen 1.

That mag release should work with a gen 3 forged which may be what you have.

I double checked and mine is straight like yours. Must be a gen 1. So, it looks like my only option is to mount an Odin Works, like you did. 

Which Odin product did you use?

4 hours ago, mitommy said:

I double checked and mine is straight like yours. Must be a gen 1. So, it looks like my only option is to mount an Odin Works, like you did. 

Which Odin product did you use?

I used the XMR, had it sitting in my parts bin collecting dust. 

They make cooler looking ones now with cutouts the XMR 2 & 3