Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PX4 low profile magazine release

Eargesplitten

I know this is the exact opposite of what most people want, but does anyone make a low-profile magazine release for a PX4? I saw that Beretta has a three-pack of differently profiled releases but from what I can find it seems that the normal one is the shortest.

I'm left-handed and in the habit of hitting the mag release with my index finger from my other pistols. I want to pick up a PX4 Compact, but when I fired a rental the mag release kept grinding on my middle finger unless I contorted my grip to the point where my pinkie was hanging off the bottom. That's uncomfortable because it's basically like running a file along my finger with every shot, and I think it might have caused a couple malfunctions, although that could also have just been that it was a filthy range rental in need of a lot of love.

I know the release can be flipped to the other side, but I'd prefer to keep my movements pretty uniform across all the pistols I shoot just for muscle memory. Going between button release and the paddle release on my PPQ classic is going to be confusion enough. Also 99% of pistols are going to have the mag release on the left side since most people are right-handed, so I don't want to get into habits that will mess me up shooting other peoples' guns.