Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shoes

Hnemes

10 minutes ago, Hnemes said:

Shorty, do you typically wear like a EE wide shoe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear 3E, sometimes 4. Any kind of shoe shopping is treacherous. Luckily, I live near the hometown of Columbia Sportswear and am able to find good trail runner type shoes that serve me well in extra-wide size.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Shorty4087 said:

Yes, whenever possible and more specifically always for New Balance running shoes if that helps. Can’t and won’t wear Nike shoes as they’re too narrow 

Ditto. It's ironic as I live 20 minutes from Nike World headquarters but I've never been able to wear any pair they make.

Yes, whenever possible and more specifically always for New Balance running shoes if that helps. Can’t and won’t wear Nike shoes as they’re too narrow 

I wear nike but my god do they hurt after awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised to hear people recommend CrossFit shoes by Reeboks and even Inov-8's. I have used both of those shoes extensively and, in my opinion, CrossFit and minimalist shoes do not have enough structure and rigidity to guard against fatigue and provide stability. Regular sneakers are almost as bad.

Am I missing something?

I'm also looking at the UA Fat Tires -- but maybe that's just crazy talk.

On 12/17/2018 at 9:41 PM, shootmove said:

I'm surprised to hear people recommend CrossFit shoes by Reeboks and even Inov-8's. I have used both of those shoes extensively and, in my opinion, CrossFit and minimalist shoes do not have enough structure and rigidity to guard against fatigue and provide stability. Regular sneakers are almost as bad.

Am I missing something?

I'm also looking at the UA Fat Tires -- but maybe that's just crazy talk.

After more research, the Inov-8 trail/hiking shoes (e.g. Roclite) seem like a strong choice. I would still discourage CrossFit shoes from Inov-8 or Reebok for the reasons mentioned above.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently got my Boombah Hellcat Mids. These fit like someone molded them to my entire foot front to back and top to bottom.  Light but sturdy and supportive while turning and transitioning. 

Will be ordering another pair ASAP. 

I like the salomon speedcross for the gun games. I might have never put enough wear on them to rip. Mine have held up well enough. I think I might try Bombah next after hearing so much about them. 

Edited by Adamj

3 hours ago, MrPan said:

I use the solomon speed cross 4s but got the speed spikes for christmas. Can not wait to try those out.

Where did you locate them.. There hard to find in my size