Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shoes

Hnemes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the Boombah and found them to not be equal to Salomon as far as fit and function. For me they caused extreme fatigue after a long match, and the hard tread was dangerous on wood props when wet. The softer Salomon tread grips better.

7 minutes ago, grsdoug said:

I tried the Boombah and found them to not be equal to Salomon as far as fit and function. For me they caused extreme fatigue after a long match, and the hard tread was dangerous on wood props when wet. The softer Salomon tread grips better.

This 👆.. Sold mine after 2 tries.. Very uncomfortable. 

I like the Speedcross 4. Fits all the way around your foot like a glove. Lightweight, tread is nice and grippy. I have also had some New Balance lightweight trail running shoes I really liked. 

I have the speedcross 4, I wear size 11 shoe ordered 11fits nice. They weigh 315 grams

Pros 

the laces are simple they stay tight 

grip and lots of it 

Insoles are like clouds

the upper material is durable 

cons 

wear out fast 

10mm heel toe drop- this is preference I like a 6mm or less 

narrow toe box 

I want to try the invo8 mudclaw they have 3 models ranging from 260 grams to 300 grams. 

6 hours ago, Bwillis said:

I have the speedcross 4, I wear size 11 shoe ordered 11fits nice. They weigh 315 grams

Pros 

the laces are simple they stay tight 

grip and lots of it 

Insoles are like clouds

the upper material is durable 

cons 

wear out fast 

10mm heel toe drop- this is preference I like a 6mm or less 

narrow toe box 

I want to try the invo8 mudclaw they have 3 models ranging from 260 grams to 300 grams. 

I love my speed cross but have wide feet so I found I need to go up a half size 10.5 to 11

On 12/6/2018 at 2:38 PM, rustychev said:

I love my speed cross but have wide feet so I found I need to go up a half size 10.5 to 11

They make wides now and worked well for me.  I don't know how many places carry it but I found them at REI.

1 hour ago, CaliYeti said:

They make wides now and worked well for me.  I don't know how many places carry it but I found them at REI.

I saw that but no one local to me has any to try on so I just bought a new pair a 1/2 size large.  It has worked for me for can a few pairs so until I can try a pair of the wide size on Ill just keep on this way but when I travel I keep my eyes open.

1 hour ago, rustychev said:

I saw that but no one local to me has any to try on so I just bought a new pair a 1/2 size large.  It has worked for me for can a few pairs so until I can try a pair of the wide size on Ill just keep on this way but when I travel I keep my eyes open.

Whenever you're close to an REI they'll most likely have it.  I think you can even check local inventory on there website.  That is how I found mine.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:38 PM, rustychev said:

Narrow toe box has nothing to do with sizing or going up in width. Typically a wider shoe is wider from heel/ankle area to the toe box. I like a tight ankle area and wide toe box. A wide toe box allows my toes to spread out creating more contact area to push with. Ordering a half size up or size up creates dead shoe space. I like a tight shoe with a wide toe box. Think Reebok nano or Alta shoes wide toe box.

Edited by Bwillis

Just picked up a pair of Speedcross 4 wide and they fit very well for having a wide foot. My other Salomons were a standard fit and had to increase size by 1/2 to accommodate.

Shorty, do you typically wear like a EE wide shoe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Hnemes said:

Shorty, do you typically wear like a EE wide shoe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, whenever possible and more specifically always for New Balance running shoes if that helps. Can’t and won’t wear Nike shoes as they’re too narrow