Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accurate Plating and Weaponry still GTG for hard chrome?

biggulp

Got a very good deal on a Marauder with a lot of holster wear.  Since there isn't much in the way of matches in this area until ~March, I want to get the gun re-finished.

I like the look of hard chrome and it's durable, so I'd like to go that route.  Search didn't show many recent reviews of APW's work.  Are they still good to go for hard chrome?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, biggulp said:

Got a very good deal on a Marauder with a lot of holster wear.  Since there isn't much in the way of matches in this area until ~March, I want to get the gun re-finished.

I like the look of hard chrome and it's durable, so I'd like to go that route.  Search didn't show many recent reviews of APW's work.  Are they still good to go for hard chrome?

Thanks!

Checkout 

Mahovsky's Metalife in PA, 814-436-7747   Excellent work and good pricing.

Welp.. I'm sold. Brushed it is! It will be matched with an Extreme Shooters DVC grip once I settle on a color combo. 

Once the order is submitted and the Marauder is on it's way I'll start a thread to document the process.

Btw, feel free to keep the pics coming.. They're looking fantastic!

On 12/4/2018 at 12:11 PM, rishii said:

OPENB

beautiful gun, is that CFD Ti comp, and did they plate it or left it bare and matched the finish of the rest of the gun

Yes, that’s Jared’s comp. It was left in the natural Ti finish The flat frame & slide finishes were brushed, the round were matte.  

APW does excellent chrome finish,  and it holds up . They did a 3 gun pistol for me that has been dumped in i cant recall how many different boxes, in & out of a kydex holders a million times and still looks new .

Edited by Sprig