Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having trouble getting full sight picture

Hnemes

Grip harder.

No I mean REALLY hard. It tenses up all of the muscles from elbow to fingertip and the gun snaps right back to where it left from.

If you’re not at least A-class your grip almost certainly needs work. I am an A, and mine still slacks off occasionally and I have to clamp down on the fly.

Please define "full sight picture."

Are you seeing enough to shoot 2 As? It is sometimes amazing how little you have to see to shoot an A.

I am if I take my time. Where I have trouble is on my second shot. I generally shot a c or a but that’s Also dependent on distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Hnemes said:

I am if I take my time. Where I have trouble is on my second shot. 

That's the answer - if you want to shoot another A, you have to take your time and see the sights.    :) 

I've done both, and waiting to see the sights usually has better results than rushing the 2nd shot.

That's the answer - if you want to shoot another A, you have to take your time and see the sights.    [emoji4] 

I've done both, and waiting to see the sights usually has better results than rushing the 2nd shot.
No, you do not want to take your time. You want to see only what is necessary and no more. Most misses are caused by trigger pulls not sight alignment.

You need to learn to do all of this without taking your time or slowing down.

1 hour ago, Hnemes said:

Guess the key here is to practice lol

I "practiced" for years, and never really improved much.

You really have to "practice" properly.

Merely "practicing" by doing the same thing over and over for years didn't get me anywhere.

I know you cannot shoot a 2nd "A"  if you do not "see the sights" on that 2nd shot.     :) 

You can practice improving your grip, or your stance, or improve your gun/springs or ammo,

but if you want to place that 2nd shot in the A - Zone, you want to see your sight on the A.

I "practiced" for years, and never really improved much.  

You really have to "practice" properly.

Merely "practicing" by doing the same thing over and over for years didn't get me anywhere.

I know you cannot shoot a 2nd "A"  if you do not "see the sights" on that 2nd shot.     [emoji4] 

You can practice improving your grip, or your stance, or improve your gun/springs or ammo,

but if you want to place that 2nd shot in the A - Zone, you want to see your sight on the A.

Yes, but a very important part of practice is experimenting with different quality sight pictures on various target presentations to understand what is enough sight picture. You do not need a traditional bullseye sight picture for most shots, but you need something.