Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lok Grips - Thin Bogies or Thin Full Checkered? Thoughts?

minnesota1

As stated above I had a slight fitment issue with my LOK grips. I reached out to Blake at LOK and he's sending out a replacement pair. No bulls#!t, no excuses, no hassle. Dillon aside I've never had such an exceptional customer service experience.

Buy with confidence because this product is backed by people who stand behind their product!

On 1/8/2019 at 5:16 AM, 4n2t0 said:

I just bought a pair of thin bogies for my SP-01 and I love the aggressive grip texture and reduced trigger reach (I have girly hands, lol). My only issue is that they shift around ever so slightly, I'll probably have to shim them with tape to stop the wiggle.

That is exactly what was the case with the RH grip of mine too. Blake explained that there are frame variances and yes he could send out a replacement grip (which would take weeks to get here lol) and that I could very well end up with the same issue because its the frame, not the grip causing it. He linked me to this LOK video suggesting electrical tape double thickness, and also the option of relieving a slight amount of material on the back side of the grip with fine sandpaper:

"Our grips are made to fit the grips we have here and CZ factory variances can sometimes cause fitment issues. That single screw also acts as a pivot point if they aren't next to perfect.

We can send you a new side, but first let's try a couple things.

Try them with and without the O-rings.
Then check out this video and see if it helps. It's for a Tanfo, but the same concept applies."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lCFO0ugOvA&t=7s

I decided to try 2 layer double sided sticky tape at the top and bottom of the grip, which worked perfectly. I may ultimately go with cloth backed electrical tape purely due to the need to remove the grips periodically to work on the gun.

I've been using griptape on an M&P for years and ultimately its got its limitations (but better than nothing on slippery polymer lol)

Bit of an update on the LOKs...got the idea to use cloth/plastic gaffer tape, which is far stickier, thicker and more durable than electricians tape. a small strip an the top and bottom and the grip is now as rock solid as the LH one. Far as I see it, if the issue is minor variances in the frame, getting a new LOK panel is pointless as you're going to face the same issue, logically.

IMG_20190115_175531 sm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 10:05 AM, fluffybadbad said:

Do the thin or regular Bogies have any of the contour of the palm swell versions? I have a pair of the palm swells, and although they're comfortable, I can't quite get my hands around them.

https://lokgrips.com/cz-gun-grips/

Thin vs standard vs palm swell descriptions