Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lok Grips - Thin Bogies or Thin Full Checkered? Thoughts?

minnesota1

I want a pair of these, but don't know enough about them.  I want the thin ones as I have smaller hands.  Not sure if I want the full checkered or the thin bogies.  Does one grip more than the other?  What are your thoughts and experiences with them?  I don't know anyone that has them to try them out so your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

+1 for the Bogies - they're the most aggressive grip pattern that I've found so far from any manufacturer. No direct experience with the Lok checkered grips, but I'm assuming that they're not too far off from the texture on the VZ checkered grips that I've used in the past; if that assumption is correct, the Bogies are substantially grippier.

I run thin Boggies and love them.  I have a box of CZ TS grips that I've tried and discarded. I did a grip reduction on my TS and have thin grip tape on the front and backstrap.  The thin Boggies are aggressive enough that the gun won't squirm in your hand on a hot, sweaty summer day, but no so aggressive that you cannot shift your grip is you want to.

i also run the thin bogies,i have tried the palm swell and the partial palm swell and both of those interfere with 2 things first is quickly being able to hit the mag release and second thing is with the full palm swell my trigger finger isn't far enough forward and i am not able to pull the trigger straight back,its really a preference on texture and size of hands,im 5'10" and would say average size hands,i played with them all and find the thin bogies the best for me,but the bogie texture is out of this world just awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

If you've got small (bony lol) hands like me, the bogies could easily be too rough...I tried out a couple of guys guns at a recent comp and the bogies bit into my hands enough to leave painful imprints. The full checkered are perfect, very much like more aggressive griptape texture, which I used on my striker fired guns.

I have the soft, delicate hands of someone who has never done an honest day’s work. Anyway, bogies are the way to go. There is a painful bite when you first get them but you’ll get used to it very quickly. I wouldn’t want to shoot without bogies. No more pain, just great traction.

On 1/1/2019 at 4:00 AM, MNshooter said:

I have the soft, delicate hands of someone who has never done an honest day’s work. Anyway, bogies are the way to go. There is a painful bite when you first get them but you’ll get used to it very quickly. I wouldn’t want to shoot without bogies. No more pain, just great traction.

Most lok grips I've seen have been the bogies. But if your hands don't have much meat on them like mine (knuckles are wider than my fingers type bony lol) I wouldn't recommend them.

I just bought a pair of thin bogies for my SP-01 and I love the aggressive grip texture and reduced trigger reach (I have girly hands, lol). My only issue is that they shift around ever so slightly, I'll probably have to shim them with tape to stop the wiggle.

Edited by 4n2t0

Maybe it’s just me but the last Bogies I bought had very minimal aggression. Even with dry hands (actual hands not the grip enhancer) it didn’t bite whatsoever. Compared to the VZ Tactical diamonds I was a bit underwhelmed. This was about 3 months ago

I just now put Thin Bogies on and I wish I would have gone with one size thicker. I don't have large hands and there still isn't enough contact of my hand on the grip. The upside side is that it lets me get more of my finger on the trigger and I love the aggressive texture.