Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holo 510C or MRO

its for my incoming GMR15, had the chance to see the MRO, maybe its just me but I find the MRO has a slight magnification and when try to view at 50 yard  it seems a little blurry, btw I wear a RX glasses, but this doesn't happen to my T1 before. like the height mount of the MRO lower 1/3.

haven't seen the 510C  red yet which is my preference, seen the Green version and like the glass, my only concern is the height which is 1.41". how's the durability of this holosun, I'm getting a mix feedback, although I dont think they really has one to compare. or should I wait for the GMR to arrive ( 6-8 weeks) and see if the 510C height is good enough. always prefer to shoot on a lower 1/3.

most of the dealers are having a sale within the week. thanks

On 12/3/2018 at 10:22 AM, ffgats said:

Nice to know they make risers, just have to look here up North who sells them, thanks for ALL your first hand feedbacks gents

https://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun-hs510c-riser.html

i have an mro on a lower 1/3 I like it, but if the opportunity presents itself for a good deal on the 510c. I wouldn’t hesitate to replace it.

Edited by Bwillis

My experience with the MRO has been phenomenal. I can beat the s#!t out of it on walls, toss it in dump barrels and forget to turn it off and the dot is just always there. My backup rifle also wearing a MRO doesn't just go into service when other folks PCCs go down, it's there in case other shooter's optics crap out at a match too. 

I'm running red MRO's but if green is your thing there's a green version of the MRO too now. 

I tried another shooters MPX with a red MRO so I could compare it to my Holosun 510 Green. I'm cured of wanting to try an MRO. With my old eyes I can see so much better with the 510 and I love the green. I thought about an MRO in green but after using one in red I can tell I would go back to my 510 since it's much easier for me.

I run an MRO. There aren't many people running Holosun stuff at my local range. I have been hearing a lot of good things about them, and would love the opportunity to try one of the 510c's out though... It looks like a solid option. BUT, I love my MRO on my PCC. I was running a Primary Arms Micro, and the switch has mad a huge difference in my performance, at least on my end.  

If it were a fighting rifle, I'd be more apt to put an MRO on it... but for the sake of speed, 510c all the way. 

The big window allows for less head-placement discipline, which is nice on hard leans/barricades/walls, etc. If you;'re shooting an MPX/AR the built-in riser should be more than enough height for most if you're actually obtaining a cheek weld like you should. 

3 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

If it were a fighting rifle, I'd be more apt to put an MRO on it... but for the sake of speed, 510c all the way. 

For sure. You would not want any reflex sight with an exposed emitter for a battle rifle, Snow, mud rain can really mess with the open types. I'm waiting for the new HE512 to come out which should be good competition for the Leupold LCO.