Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone changed the flash hider on a MPX Carbine and notice a difference? Not sure if you could make them shoot much softer but was just wondering out of curiosity. Thanks for your input

Yes. Taccom comp is even flatter shooting. Venom has an AR9 comp and I have heard good things and they will be making one for the stock MPX barrel threads as well. 

MBX  on my 2 MPX's ..to see maximum effect you need to play around with:

• Your load and / or factory ammo choice
  • Gas port size ( gen 2 guns seem to be out their with either 0.0520" or 0.0625" so far no idea yet on the "competition"  )
  • Gas plug size

The MBX  can build some back presser with the right loads or reduce port presser with other loads.. lots of room to play. 

Edited by 2011BLDR

8 hours ago, 2011BLDR said:

MBX  on my 2 MPX's ..to see maximum effect you need to play around with:

• Your load and / or factory ammo choice
  • Gas port size ( gen 2 guns seem to be out their with either 0.520" or 0.0625" so far no idea yet on the "competition"  )
  • Gas plug size

The MBX  can build some back presser with the right loads or reduce port presser with other loads.. lots of room to play. 

Anyway to tell the Gen 2’s apart aside from calling Sig? Mine has the 3prong tuning fork style  flash hider on it. I’ve noticed thats different from two other friends Gen 2. 

MPX like faster or slower burning powders when reloading?

I don't think sig tracks in line continuous process improvement by serial #...when we start playing with:

• Gas pot size
  • Gas plug flow
  • Muzzle comps
  • Barrel length
  • Recoil  spring rates 
  • Bullet weight 
  • Powder burn rate

We have steped in to having a position driven open gun with a stock attached...lots of variables that effect each other.. changing one can yeald a gun that has intermitant stoppages that can be hard to diagnose ... if you get it right you git  super flat , soft shooting and minamal dot movement ... just like setting up an open gun to maximise your shooting it is EXTREAMLEY subjective from shooter to shooter not a+b=c

Edited by 2011BLDR

21 hours ago, 2011BLDR said:

I don't think sig tracks in line continuous process improvement by serial #...when we start playing with:

• Gas pot size
  • Gas plug flow
  • Muzzle comps
  • Barrel length
  • Recoil  spring rates 
  • Bullet weight 
  • Powder burn rate

We have steped in to having a position driven open gun with a stock attached...lots of variables that effect each other.. changing one can yeald a gun that has intermitant stoppages that can be hard to diagnose ... if you get it right you git  super flat , soft shooting and minamal dot movement ... just like setting up an open gun to maximise your shooting it is EXTREAMLEY subjective from shooter to shooter not a+b=c

Thanks much for the input!