Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this an early competition frame tanfo? Small frame or large frame?

hondakilla98

That's a very strange frankenpistol; the slide is a small frame, standard length with a 4.5" barrel, it has a taper, so it originally came from a short dust cover frame, but the frame is unlike any Witness I've ever seen, the beaver tail looks like a Jericho (manufactured by Tanfoglio so that make sense) and the grip screw is low like a Jericho, but the shape of the back strap isn't quite right, not Jericho, nor Witness.  There's no provision for a magwell which makes the checkering unusual, the hammer is on a roll pin (Witness competition frames have a solid pin), and the frame looks to have been cut back a quarter inch.  The four hole pattern of the optic holes are for newer mounts, maybe drilled recently.

New small frame parts should work, but it would have to be real cheap for me to pick it up.

Edited by kneelingatlas

10 hours ago, CompleteJack said:

Do they still sell bare frames?

Yeah ... with all the "extra" part included!

;)

I actually don't know, but in EAA fashion, it would no doubt cost only slightly less than a full gun.

• 1 year later...

I have another one for you wizards, I just bought this recently and I don't even know what to call it other than a witness. It's an old Large Frame, that much is clear. I'm scared to even ask if anyone makes a holster for this anymore, but I think it'll fit the same grips as the old Witness Match. 

IMG_20200116_103836750_50.jpg