Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Super Black Eagle

Nowind0

I have a 1st Gen SBE with a 26" barrel that I picked up at a very reasonable price.

Would this be a good candidate for multi-gun? 

If so, does anyone know if a M1 lifter and tube would fit?

Thanks in advance. 

if that is a 3.5" gun (my sbe2 is), it prob won't run normal velocity rounds (ie anything at walmart, the fed or win 4 packs) super reliably.  either use the higher velocity winchester supersports or see if you can spring it a little weaker.

with the longer loading port (3.5 v 3" on the m2) it is actually a little easier to speed load.

9 minutes ago, davsco said:

if that is a 3.5" gun (my sbe2 is), it prob won't run normal velocity rounds (ie anything at walmart, the fed or win 4 packs) super reliably.  either use the higher velocity winchester supersports or see if you can spring it a little weaker.

Actually, my Super Black EagleII runs everything without any troubles at all. 

I used mine for 3Gun and it works flawless. I put a 11 round extension tube  on it and it ran fine in that configuration as well. 

Good luck!!

Nevadazilmeister,

Did you do any modifications to the receiver?  Such as opening up loading ports.

How about lifters, did you modify yours?

The 3.5" magnums will definitely be bad medicine for those hard to fall plates. 😁

49 minutes ago, Nowind0 said:

Nevadazilmeister,

Did you do any modifications to the receiver?  Such as opening up loading ports.

How about lifters, did you modify yours?

The 3.5" magnums will definitely be bad medicine for those hard to fall plates. 😁

I did not make any of those modifications at all. And yeh, the 3.5 magnums kicked like a mutha eff'in mule. Ouch. 

On 11/29/2018 at 4:35 PM, Nowind0 said:

I have a 1st Gen SBE with a 26" barrel that I picked up at a very reasonable price.

Would this be a good candidate for multi-gun? 

If so, does anyone know if a M1 lifter and tube would fit?

Thanks in advance. 

I've had a HK imported gun for years that has done stellar service on the range, field, and duck blind.

The SBE should run decent quality 1200 fps 1 1/8oz loads. The SBE lifter is longer than the M2 part, the mag tube extension is the same as the M2. The usual 3 Gun mods (port, extended lifter, oversize controls, etc.) can be done on the SBE if you want to do so.

mine doesn't run with 1145 fps even with reduce recoil spring. , the challenger 7.5, 3 drams 1 1/8 is good same with the AA 7.5  3 1/4 drams .  having problems with S@B slugs too, not too bad with Federal trubul mild recoil, but still occasionnally won't eject. the Remington mild recoil buckshot 8 pellets is not also 100%, full power Remi buckshot is ok.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a sbe2 for 3 gun, agree with most cant run below 1200 fps, but loves federal 1290 at walmart. I bought a tti m2 lifter and almost had an out of battery shell go off because the shorter lifter allowed the shell to get slammed half way out of the port. Had someone weld the lifter and it works great. I dremel'd the port and it made a huge difference. PM me if you want photos

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...