Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training with extremely limited time

RustedFrog

Hello everyone. I work on a towboat and am gone for 28 days or more at a time then home for 28 days or less. I love shooting and I spend 6-10 hours or more a week dry firing when I am home from the boat. Sometimes I will spend as much as 3 hours a day if I have something I am really trying to work on. But I always seem to really lose a lot each time I get on the boat. If I take three steps forward while I am home I will take two back when I am gone. I can have absolutely nothing that resembles a firearm in any way, shape, or form. The one thing I do on the boat is work on my movement and trying to keep my stance low when a weight in my hands. Does anyone have any other training tips that could be beneficial to me to keep me from losing so much of the gains I make while I am home? Thank you for any tips you can give me.

9 hours ago, RustedFrog said:

Hello everyone. I work on a towboat and am gone for 28 days or more at a time then home for 28 days or less. I love shooting and I spend 6-10 hours or more a week dry firing when I am home from the boat. Sometimes I will spend as much as 3 hours a day if I have something I am really trying to work on. But I always seem to really lose a lot each time I get on the boat. If I take three steps forward while I am home I will take two back when I am gone. I can have absolutely nothing that resembles a firearm in any way, shape, or form. The one thing I do on the boat is work on my movement and trying to keep my stance low when a weight in my hands. Does anyone have any other training tips that could be beneficial to me to keep me from losing so much of the gains I make while I am home? Thank you for any tips you can give me.

Not even a toy? If that's the case, I would look at trying to find a tool that can be used on the boat that resembles a gun...

9 hours ago, Shmella said:

I would look for a new job. :)

While I'm in a similar situation...I'll stick with my 14/14 (2wks at work, 2wks at home) job and just take the hit on my shooting. Just can't see working most of my life (working 5 on, 2 off) for less money...something about making 6 figures while getting a vacation every month is just a little too appealing. 😉

I also work that same schedule. It is hard to thi k you can compete with guys that get to handle their guns everyday. I just try and shoot as many matches that I can when at home. This off time fortunately gives us that option. I usually will pick one, maybe two things to work on during off hitch. As for on the boat, I try to do some visual exercises. Kind like simulating transitions and stuff, mostly with just my hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...