Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who is in your "Mt. Rushmore of shooting"? Need some opinions!

Jcgatus

On 11/27/2018 at 4:53 PM, d_striker said:

Pretty much.  For the past 20 years, everybody knew if Eric was shooting in their division, they were competing for second place.  

The guy hasn't lost a single match in almost 20 years.  

I just watched a tape from early 2000's where TGO beat Eric at a Nationals.  But Eric Graufel has been a force internationally.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

Wut?  How old do you think Rob is?  lol

Wait a minute let me do the math???  In 2016 he shot as a Senior, I was a Senior in 2011 (55).  So in 2005 he would have been around 44.

So I was off by a Decade?  Hope he's not mad at me!

Sorry :bow:

Edited by pskys2

I got an A guys! Lol, here is a condensed version of my marketing project. I took out the voice overs and other stuff. Decided it was worth putting in youtube.

Anyway

So, I know a lot of people are going to disagree. But, my decision was based off what a lot of people contributed and went into the history books to look up numbers and stats.

I tried to be as unbias as I could. But numbers don't lie. Im a big fan of Jj Racaza, but Max had more on his shelf. However, with his recent wins, he is catching up. And, in his podcast, he states that this is the first year he will be shooting full time. Guys been winning 1st and 2nd place "part time". Already see a difference.

I wanted to squeeze more shooters in like Tomasie, Keonig, Stoeger, Sevigny, Eusebio but I can always do another one for fun. I can also do one for specific divisions and 3 gun!

Let me know what yall think!

Edited by Jcgatus

Thank yall!

I just noticed something. If you skip to 3:55 of the video right where Jerry shoots the last steel against Keith Garcia, focus on the ro in the front with the black jacket and black hat.

His reaction to Jerry beating KG sums up everything about Jerry. Shaking my head.

So the reference to Mt. Rushmore is confusing some and I would like to clarify it. I know that people are wondering why we have a Frenchman on there since Mt. Rushmore is an American thing.

Im a big sports fanatic. I love basketball, football, boxing, etc. I watch a lot of espn, read, and listen to sports journalism. The term "mt. Rushmore" is oftenly used when discussing top 4's. 

in basketball, people say Mj, Kobe, Magic, Lebron. Give or take.

in basketball, ali, mayweather, pacquiao, oscar dela hoya.

but thats where the mt rushmore came from in a sports fanatical sense.

they use it in all these big sports, never did one for shooting. Hopefully more people can chime in and get their dedebating juices flowing. But these shooters in the video left us with very little to debate about....i still think Max might still be on the plank as these other shooters are gaining more momentum. 

15 hours ago, Jcgatus said:

I got an A,  guys 

I have taught in four different colleges, part-time, over the years, and I would have given you

an A++ for that presentation.    🅰️

And, I fully agree with your selection.  

There was an old guy (Ed McGivern) who no one 

mentioned - was phenomenal with a couple of S&W .38's.   Looked like a cross between

Jerry and The Penguin, but he might have been better with those revolvers than Jerry.

But, you'd have a tough time finding video on him, and Jerry is more diversified.

Great job - hope it "Goes Viral".     :) 

14 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I have taught in four different colleges, part-time, over the years, and I would have given you

mentioned - was phenomenal with a couple of S&W .38's.   Looked like a cross between

Jerry and The Penguin, but he might have been better with those revolvers than Jerry.

But, you'd have a tough time finding video on him, and Jerry is more diversified.

Jack, weren't you around for the Toepperwiens'? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Topperwein

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I appreciate that sir

19 hours ago, Jcgatus said:

I got an A guys! Lol, here is a condensed version of my marketing project. I took out the voice overs and other stuff. Decided it was worth putting in youtube.

Anyway

So, I know a lot of people are going to disagree. But, my decision was based off what a lot of people contributed and went into the history books to look up numbers and stats.

I tried to be as unbias as I could. But numbers don't lie. Im a big fan of Jj Racaza, but Max had more on his shelf. However, with his recent wins, he is catching up. And, in his podcast, he states that this is the first year he will be shooting full time. Guys been winning 1st and 2nd place "part time". Already see a difference.

I wanted to squeeze more shooters in like Tomasie, Keonig, Stoeger, Sevigny, Eusebio but I can always do another one for fun. I can also do one for specific divisions and 3 gun!

Let me know what yall think!

Awesome video.  It also makes me happy that on the stage at 4.49, I had an overall stage win there.  :)  
Put all these punks in there place.  LOL

6 hours ago, Jcgatus said:

So the reference to Mt. Rushmore is confusing some and I would like to clarify it. I know that people are wondering why we have a Frenchman on there since Mt. Rushmore is an American thing.

Im a big sports fanatic. I love basketball, football, boxing, etc. I watch a lot of espn, read, and listen to sports journalism. The term "mt. Rushmore" is oftenly used when discussing top 4's. 

in basketball, people say Mj, Kobe, Magic, Lebron. Give or take.

in basketball, ali, mayweather, pacquiao, oscar dela hoya.

but thats where the mt rushmore came from in a sports fanatical sense.

they use it in all these big sports, never did one for shooting. Hopefully more people can chime in and get their dedebating juices flowing. But these shooters in the video left us with very little to debate about....i still think Max might still be on the plank as these other shooters are gaining more momentum. 

Hey it's your Mt. Rushmore, anything goes!  

All of us just like to "state" our opinions, even when not asked!

Any chance of doing some more for us?

I for one really like those compiled video's with music.  I did one for fun of a stage at the 2007 USPSA Revolver Nationals, had Jerry, Cliff Walsh, John Bagakis and myself in it to the music of Red Light Kings "Born to Rise".  So I could have it on my phone to show people interested in shooting.

Edited by pskys2