Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal Small Pistol Primer regular vs. Match

mrgrabow

Wondering if there's any downside to using the Federal #100M match primer vs. the regular #100's?
Are the match primers just as soft as regular 100's?  I've got a line on some 100M's, but wanted to check with you guys first!
Thanks!
Mark

none at all. the match are just a tad bit softer but both will go bang every time. if it's a savings then do it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 27 November 2018 at 8:29 AM, ak_tech said:

I have used both and notice no difference. The same load works for both, etc. So other than cost I notice no difference. 

The match primers are popular for applications where extreme accuracy is necessary, the best Bianchi loads, PPC loads and Bullseye loads are examples.

Supposedly the only difference is the quality control.  I've used both in my tuned revolvers with "light actions" and never noticed any difference.

Even found some a few months back that were only $1 more per m than regular "IN STOCK"!!!

I use either, don’t care which I get, but the first time I bought match I was told they were even softer. But the regular have been 100% reliable with light springed guns. I have about 10k of the fed match right now. 

There was an episode on one of the gun shows and no difference in materials used between  federal match vs regular primers. One is not softer than the other. The only difference is the person who is applying the priming compound is a more seasoned worker and they tend to be a bit more consistent which might give you smaller spreads in velocity in the match primers. 

There was an episode on one of the gun shows and no difference in materials used between  federal match vs regular primers. One is not softer than the other. The only difference is the person who is applying the priming compound is a more seasoned worker and they tend to be a bit more consistent which might give you smaller spreads in velocity in the match primers. 
[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22] you're saying Santa Claus isn't real?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk