Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iron city rifle works ar9 bolt

On 11/28/2018 at 5:30 PM, factory2nds said:

Im using one right now in my colt mag lower. Had to trim a little bit off my feed ramp to allow the upper and lower to close. Other than the slight modification, I havent had any issues. The coating makes it's super easy to clean.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mine just arrived, initial impression is super slick after oiling and placing in the rifle

Edited by Bwillis

Installed in rifle today, had trouble with it not extracting and double feeding. It would chamber a round the extractor would slip off the case lip. I called iron city and spoke with Jason,  he said he had never heard of that but to send it in and they would fix it. (Nice guy and great service) Me being impatient and really wanting to get it to work, I opened the parts bin and tinkered. First I tried another extractor spring with the same outcome. Then I tried the extra power bcm spring it wouldn’t go over the the case lip. Next new extractor and bingo. I only hand cycled 10 rounds but all exjected and fed just fine. I will be shooting it in an outlaw match tomorrow. 

Edited by Bwillis

Mine has run well.  Was hard to seat full mags initially (Colt mags in older RRA upper/lower combo) but I had just added TF extensions and new springs so factor that in.  Ran 100% on first two range trips.  As mentioned ... easy to clean.  Need more time with it for sure but I am encouraged.