Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Gcarr

Which Ambi Safety for STI 2011???

29 minutes ago, GringoBandito said:

Because I have big hands and the right hand safety would dig into it and prevent me from gripping the gun very high. Once I replaced the safety, I was able to grip the gun about a 1/4 (if not more) inch higher which gave me a better grip and control of the gun. 

I see. Everybody's body mechanics and shapes are different. Good thing we have choices for different needs, thanks for the response.

I also have large hands and have to remove material from almost all ambis so the knuckle of my strong hand doesn’t engage the safety while firing. 

A vote for none of the above,,, Have ZERO use or desire for an ambi safety,, they are exposed and more likely to get flipped down while holster. They are in the way and more likely to get flipped UP with your hand while shooting.
No stage can require u to draw with your week hand so any left hand engagements are almost always transferred from right hand.  In fact have NEVER seen any stage where a ambi safety was the least bit beneficial, and lots were it was detrimental.
If I was left handed I would still figure out a way for a right side  only safety.

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

A vote for none of the above,,, Have ZERO use or desire for an ambi safety,,

Amen to that.  Literally just got done fitting a single-sided safety to my SV,, as the right side ambi dug into the knuckle of my strong (right) hand.