Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG 365

Texas45

After having read many good, bad and ugly (mostly ugly) reviews on the net, I had to rent one. Loved it and got one (manufactured in Sept).

Despite its size, it is very shootable. In fact, I like shooting it more than the X-Five. hahaha. It is my first sub compact so I cannot compare it against anything else out there. There are many comparison videos on YT.

Its tigger is very good. Very similar to the factory trigger on the X-Five. Speaking of the accuracy, its POI seems off by 2" at 15 yards but grouping is good. I may have to shift the rear sight a bit.

I love the X-Ray sight, day and night. The green front sight stands out in the day light and the night sights are very effective in the dark.

You certainly want to rent one and shoot it. The grip is very personal and you may like it, may not. The texture on the grip is pretty efficient for shooting but I got a Talon grip tape on it because the texture irritated my skin with no shirt. I have small hands and my pinky sits on the extension of the 10 round mag. As I shoot, I can feel the mag is moving inside the frame under recoil.  No pinching but it feels strange. Again, it is my first sub compact and the phenomenon might be normal with small pistols.

Because of its popularity, there are many holsters available.

200 rounds so far. No issue at all. Blazer Brass (115gr), SIG V- Crown (147gr) and my CO hand load (147 ACME FP, 132PF).

I think it is a phenomenal pistol and SIG have made a huge impact on the sub compact category in the industry.

Edited by jaep1911

Wife bought one and she loves the size and how comfortable it is to shoot for a small gun.

She has small hands and can handle it with no problems

I've shot it a bunch also and I'm thinking of buying a 2nd one because it seems to do everything I need in a small carry gun.

It's accurate, has good sights, function has been perfect though 500 rounds of carry ammo and 132-134 PF ammo we use for minor in uspsa.

the grip is fine for my large hands, pinky is under the grip in the flat mag and on the extension on the "extended" mag.

easy to shoot and handle with either mag.

I've read the naysayers on the web and don't agree after having owned one for a few months now.

we've let several people shoot it and most have gone out and bought them after shooting and handling it.

I'm in the go buy one camp!

I shot a buddy's, and totally loved it as well. Way more accurate than I expected, and fairly soft-shooting considering its size. I already have a P938 that I have been carrying every day for the last 3 years, or I would have already bought one. I am still probably going to pick one up with the 12-round mag. The 12+1 capacity equals what I carry every day with an extra mag in my pocket for the P938 (7-round mag in the gun, 6-round mag in my pocket).

I’m not a big fan of sub- compacts as I wear xl gloves and have long fingers. While at the range I got to talking with another shooter who happened to have one and I shot about 20 rounds through it. I was very impressed with the feel of the gun in my hands and with the ability to manage recoil. I’m hoping Santa brings me one for Christmas .

Got my 365 back in April, born on date of 30 Mar, 2018.  Have about 4000 rounds through mine, it has been 100% flawless.  Very accurate for a tiny gun and surprisingly soft shooting as well.  My personal opinion, the negative reviews are much overblown.   

Ive even shot my 365 in a couple matches against full size guns and held my own quite well with it.  Definitely 100% satisfied with mine.

God, this is a horrible little gun.

Shoot it side by side with a Walther PPS M2. You’ll realize what a total ergonomic fail the Sig really is.

Even though the baby Walther’s trigger is marginal, it feels like you’re holding onto more than a big lighter with a barrel on top of it. At speed, there’s no subsititue for traction. Run both guns through something like an el prez, there’s a night and day difference.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I have two....The first has 1850 rounds thru it with ZERO issues and the second one only has 320 rounds but it too has functioned perfectly....Having 13 rounds in a sub-compact is amazing also.....

I LOVE this pistol.....

Edited by Sigarmsp226

Mine had extraction issues that popped up immediately.  I ran several hundred rounds through it consisting of several different brands of ammo to be sure it wasn't a break-in issue or ammo-specific (plus I was getting used to it - it's easy to push left with it).  Sig took it back and fixed it.  No problems since.  I'm up to ~1200 rounds now.  The grip is a bit narrow side-to-side, but the grip module texture is pretty good and I don't have any problems with it moving around.  GGI makes laser-etched grip modules, if you want something a little more aggressive.  I really don't like the flush fit 10-rd mag, but the extended 10 and the 12's are fine for me.  Activating the mag release takes a little getting used to, considering the small size.  I actually ended up using the middle finger of my firing hand, just reaching up with it from my normal grip.  Sounds awkward, but it's actually easier for me to do than shift my grip on such a little gun.

The only complaint I really have with it is that the curve of the trigger gives me a sore spot on the underside of my trigger finger on long range sessions (200-300 rounds).  I'm planning on trying a straight trigger in it to see if that makes the problem go away.  Then again, it's not really a gun designed for shooting 300 rounds at a time.

Shot a rental. Overall hard to argue with so much capacity in a tiny package. Trigger is decent, but a little spongy. Accuracy was good, sights are adequate. Was easy to put everything into a tight group at 10yd. I would get one if you are looking for a small 9mm carry gun with the most capacity right now.

Agree with the person about ergos though. Tiny grip, slide is heavy. It doesn't seem like a gun that was made to run fast or in comp, but it is a good carry gun. I compared it side by side with my PPS M2 and although I love the PPS, it is huge compared to the 365.

I have one of the first ones made, and it’s been 100% perfect. I love it, I don’t think I’ll ever buy Anotjer carry gun. I used to carry something like a Glock 19 for capacity, but want something a bit smaller for better concealibity and go to something like the shield, but then I’d miss the capacity. So there was Always a trade off. But with the  sig there is not, you get the capacit, 12+1, and the small super concealable package. But the gun is also very shootable, it shoots like a gun much bigger then it’s size. It’s super accurate to, something  sig is known for. And I’m really not a big  sig fan though, so this praise means something. If Glock, or S&w came out with something like this i would have picked either before the sig

The most important thing is the gun has been 100% reliable. I won’t even consider carrying a gun that malfunctions even .01% of the time. I have glocks that have literally never had any kind of malfunction at all through thousands of rounds, so that’s the standard I’ve set, and the sig has met that. I must have gotten lucky as mine is one of the earlist production. I got it in February, don’t know the born date, but it was right at the time when they were having problems, some people were getting good guns, others crap. It was actually at the time when they totally stopped shipping them because the versions with the sig lite night sights were coming with a dead front. So I had to wait even longer and they started shipping exclusively with the X-ray sights. So I think I got one of the first models after they made the first tweak to address the front sight, and the return to battery problems and the barrel lockup, but before the firing pin issue/fix. Overall, it’s a great gun. Mines got about 1500rds though it now. Not a single problem (knock on wood).

Edited by Jfitz427

• 3 weeks later...

TL;DR- It’s a great carry gun.

Mine has been surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot, which itself was surprising because I have very large hands- from a normal grip I can extend my support side thumb reach out to the muzzle (which I avoid of course).   Pretty much squeeze the hell out of it on the support side and run the trigger smoothly like any other striker gun.

Trigger runs just about 5 lbs, and is quite good for this sort of thing.

I pretty much only carry and shoot it with the 12 round mags, generally as a BUG to the X-carry unless I’m wearing a suit, in which case it becomes the primary.  If I really have to hide it, I can live with the flat floor 10 rounder, but my pinkie is out in space with that thing.

It has been completely reliable over about 500 rounds of 124 grain NATO spec ball, as well as about 300 rounds of various Federal HST’s.  Currently packing with 124+p HST rounds, but it works fine with 147 standard pressure and +p HST’s as well.  I don’t plan to shoot the snot out of it, now that it’s proven reliable I might pick up a second one for training purposes.

Gonna throw my experience in here as well. Purchased min back in late April, and have had 1000+ rounds through it so far. I stopped keeping track after about 800 but haven't shot it a whole lot in the last couple of months so I'm anywhere between 1000-1300.

Anyway, there was some weird thing with the ones produced in April where the trigger spring was coming disconnected in the middle of shooting. I'm sure you can find videos or memes of guys out there having to hold it upside down to get the trigger to reset and shoot. So this happened to me about 75 rounds in and I was pretty disappointed while at the range. Luckily, I took it apart later that night and popped the spring back into place properly. Since then, I haven't had it happen again nor noticed any signs of it loosening.

As mentioned above, you really can't beat the capacity for the size. I hate that it only came with two 10-round mags, and the flush-fit is useless unless you're a women or have dwarf hands, but after getting one 12-round and carrying the 10-round with pinky extension I've nothing more to complain about. I've got 23 rounds ready to go if I need to use it, and it fits in such a small package that's so easily concealable that I hate carrying any other guns. I have a small AIWB holster and just carry a backup mag in my front pocket or the hidden mag pockets in my 5.11 pants.

After buying it, I immediately sold my Kimber (I know, I know.. lol) Micro 9 and stopped carrying my P320C after I went through enough rounds to trust the 365's reliability. Since about August, I've been exclusively carrying this one and have no desire to carry anything else. Even the 320C has been sold at this point. Everyone I know (besides one Glock fanboy) has shot it and wished they'd gotten a 365 instead of a Glock 19 or 43. Of course, it's a poppy little gun if you're used to shooting competition guns, but nothing you shouldn't expect from its size. I think the main thing holding most people back is the slew of malfunctions they were having in the first couple months of production. Almost all issues you'll find have been fixed since about June this year including barrel peening (relief cuts added to slide), strikers breaking (new striker design), and the aforementioned trigger spring disconnecting. 

The X-ray sights are truly great for what they're made for, and I can't complain about the brightness of the tritium at night or the front fiber optic in the day. The ergonomics feel great for me, but I tend to push the gun left when drawing out of a holster. I have average-sized hands and I think it's just something about the way I set my grip up. Because of it, I tend to hit about 3"-4" left at about 7 yards. This is something that I've had a tough time fully fixing, but I spend most of my time practicing for USPSA when I get a chance to go out shooting and I'm sure it could be fixed more easily if I trained it out more aggressively. As of right now, 3"-4" is still close enough for me for most situations I'd imagine myself having to use it in. As far as the gun feeling off-balance, it really balances out once you have a full magazine in there, so those complaining about it being top-heavy are paying attention to the wrong thing. Sights too large as well? It's a carry gun, not a gun meant to be shot at 25+ yards so I don't see the complaints there either. That's like being mad that your Honda Civic doesn't go 0-60 as fast or smooth as your Porsche.

Overall, for the price (~$500) and the capacity and size it can't be beat. Most of the complaints on this thread seem to be guys upset that it doesn't have features or handling of a race gun? As a comfortable, light, everyday carry you can't do much better right now in terms of capacity and concealability. HOWEVER, if you're a Glock person you may want to hold off for a little while longer as the current rumors floating around are of a Glock 43X, which is supposed to compete with the 365 in terms of size and capacity. At the end of the day, I'd see if you could get your hands on one to shoot and maybe even borrow from a friend for a few days to see how it carries. I traded a buddy of mine his G19 for my 365 for about a week to let him truly get a feel, and he ended up getting a 365 not too long after lol.

On 12/24/2018 at 4:38 PM, tacomandood said:

HOWEVER, if you're a Glock person you may want to hold off for a little while longer as the current rumors floating around are of a Glock 43X, which is supposed to compete with the 365 in terms of size and capacity. 

I suppose it's obvious by now, as the videos and images and specs have been unveiled, that the G43X is nothing like a 365.  Completely different size class, closer to a G19.

Edited by Archer

Bought the 365 when first out and it’s my new carry pistol. Carry P238 in summer and usually SPFLD 45 XDS in winter. Now it’s the 365 in a crossbreed. 

Reason:  I find it more accurate for me then either of the two above. I am comfortablshooting out to 25 yds getting all in a 10” bullseye. And 10 rds. Not a expert shot but good. Prefer 45 acp but this 365 won me over. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been carrying different types of Sigs small and lighter weight.  I think I have 5  pistols and 2 MPX carbines.  They are all good shooters..  sinice getting the 365

its the small or if you will medium gun I carry every day now.  I have smaller guns I used to swap to in the summer like the  LC9 Ruger but I’m going to try to keep the Sig year round. 

I have been carrying a P938 every day for many years now, but think that someday I am going to switch over to the P365.

Last night I had a dream that I lost my P938 when out and about. It was horrifying, but funny, I remember in my dream thinking "I can finally get the P365!" LOL! Funny how our subconscious mind works!

• 1 month later...

I picked one up over the weekend. I’m a Glock Guy, but this gun is fantastic. As soon as my holsters arrive it will replace my G43 as a daily carry. It should have over 1000 rounds by then. If the 2nd 500 are like the 1st 500 I’ll pick up a second one too. I’m very impressed with my first Sig.

I went with a FoxX hybrid IWB holster and a Vedder light tuck kydex for starters.