Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 rear sight adjustment help !

urmaker45

My shadow 2 is shooting to the left and I have backed off the set screws and can’t get it to move I’m afraid to hammer to hard is there something I’m missing ? I’m about 3 inches left at least from a rest as well even tried 3 different types of ammo 

I absolutely agree with the others that have suggested having another shooter try the pistol.  Or even have YOU shoot it again, on a different day, or with different ammo before you start pushing the rear sight around.  It can be pretty easy to start "chasing your tail" unless you are comfortable that this particular pistol indeed shoots away from POA. 

What ammo are you using and at what distance are you shooting at? 

Shadow 2s were sighted in at the factory using 124 Gr FMJ at 25 yards. Even if you were shooting a different type of ammo, it shouldn’t be shooting that far off unless there is something wrong (loose setscrew) on the rear sight itself. I have seen and experienced a loose set screw on mine and didn’t realize until I let a friend shot it. First thing he asked me after shooting it was, “did you check if the set screws are tight..” of course it wasn’t.

I tried 115 Winchester , 150 federal symtec,147 Federal HST . All shot to the left and about a 2-2.5 inch group . The 147 prolly shot under 2 inch . But I could prolly measure center of both groups and be exactly about the same apart from center of target to the left . The set screws where tight I had to break them loose to try to move the sight . If I didn’t rest it I could see it being me . But 3 different ammo and 4 different groups in exact spot I would assume it’s the pistol unless I’m that consistently bad haha . Which I’m not a new shooter but not a expert. 

39 minutes ago, Doc1 said:

Once you verify with a couple of other shooters that the sight is still off then cover the sight up with a piece of cloth and hammer the hell out of it. that's what i did with mine. Not a scratch.

like this