Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weird trigger "freeze" issues.

IDAHOAASHOOTER

While reloading into a full mag with one in the chamber the trigger just doesn't wanna pull. When it does it's like there wasn't enough over travel, so I added just a smidge. Got a little better but not 100%. I just recently went to the xline vario, so I know that is causing it. I guess I just don't know enough about fine tuning a trigger especially one with all 3 adjustments. Maybe I need to turn the trigger in a turn on the bow? Maybe out a turn? It happens with all 4 mags, if I downloaded to 18 it's fine. 

Anyone come across this? In a 2011 limited gun .... Thanks! 

Take the slide off the frame and insert an empty mag into the grip so it’s in the normal seated position. Then look down from the top between the front of the mag and the inside of the grip. Pull the trigger back and see if the trigger bow or trigger shoe is touching the mag in the front. If it is, that is your issue. You will need to reshape the trigger bow or take material off of the back side of the shoe so it doesn’t tough the mag.

2 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

Take the slide off the frame and insert an empty mag into the grip so it’s in the normal seated position. Then look down from the top between the front of the mag and the inside of the grip. Pull the trigger back and see if the trigger bow or trigger shoe is touching the mag in the front. If it is, that is your issue. You will need to reshape the trigger bow or take material off of the back side of the shoe so it doesn’t tough the mag.

Thanks buddy, I'll look into it when I get home.

sound like it MAY be hitting your trigger bow.

IF it is only happening with full mags your mags may be expanding just a small amount and putting pressure on the bow

5 hours ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

It happens with all 4 mags, if I downloaded to 18 it's fine. 

blue the trigger bow and insert a full mag a few times, see where it's rubbing.

pretty standard 2011 trigger fitting, which is a pain.

Just finished fitting an SVI bow into an STI grip.
basically had to reshape the entire bow to get it to work.

Another check to do

Disassemble the frame, leave in the trigger, mag catch and grip

point the frame down, and press up on the trigger, then release it, does it drop down on its own, if yes then proceed to step 2, if not, it’s hanging up somewhere in the grip frame

2. Insert a empty mag and repeat, if it does good, if not it’s hanging up on the mag

3. Repeat the above with a fully loaded mag, again if it drops down on its own, then your problem is something else, if it doesn’t it’s hanging up on the mag

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/16/2018 at 3:08 AM, jimbullet said:

Hi Idaho shooter,

I am having the same issue with my xline trigger.

What exactly did you do so that I can replicate it?

I loaded 21 dummy rounds stuffed it and one in the pipe, took off the msh and watched where the trigger bow was riding.