Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate.... WTF why not

IDAHOAASHOOTER

Pros and cons fellas? Who has experience with them? I know you can run less powder and still make PF that's a savings over time. Mags are a bit cheaper, I've had a few CZ's over the years but never there open gun. Gonna play with one tomorrow, can save a 2k and it's barely been shot.... Tough decision.... Especially when I have the experience with 2011's 

14 minutes ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

Gonna play with one tomorrow, can save a 2k and it's barely been shot....

Does this mean you have a line on a CM for $2K or a CM for $2K off retail?

Either way, get it!  That's a smoking deal!

Czechmates are awesome right out of the box, they run, the mags work, they already have a sub two pound trigger.

If I ever had a complaint, it's that they're a touch nose heavy, so I came up with an aluminum comp, and I just got some aluminum guide rods I'm eager to try next week.

54 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

Does this mean you have a line on a CM for $2K or a CM for $2K off retail?

Either way, get it!  That's a smoking deal!

Czechmates are awesome right out of the box, they run, the mags work, they already have a sub two pound trigger.

If I ever had a complaint, it's that they're a touch nose heavy, so I came up with an aluminum comp, and I just got some aluminum guide rods I'm eager to try next week.

Had mine for 5 months and a few matches. Not bad, it does have a bit of a dip on the front, but like any open gun, getting it to work is the key. Grip, load, powder, etc.....

Kneeling, keep me posted how that comp and rod work out.

1 hour ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

Gonna play with one tomorrow,  

That's great - shoot up a bunch of 9mm Major loads in it, and see what YOU think.

Nothing wrong with them.

We have a member locally who started with one, and switched over to a 2011, but

I don't think the CZ would have held him back from attaining Master.

Lots of threads on here about them, I recommend doing a little reading.

They are very very reliable. Shoot well. Comfortable grip.

Not many options out there if safeties or something don't fit you. I recommend the shadow 2 safeties.

I like the VZ Diamdback palm swell grips. Super aggressive, good shape to them.

Probably gonna need to tune the mags. At least the big stick.

18 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

Lots of threads on here about them, I recommend doing a little reading.

They are very very reliable. Shoot well. Comfortable grip.

Not many options out there if safeties or something don't fit you. I recommend the shadow 2 safeties.

I like the VZ Diamdback palm swell grips. Super aggressive, good shape to them.

Makes sense, it's just hard to justify buying a platform I k ow nothing about, but if I can save 2k..... Uh..... Decisions. Will see how it feels tomorrow, might not even fit my oversize hands. Make the decision easier! Lol 

9 hours ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

Makes sense, it's just hard to justify buying a platform I k ow nothing about, but if I can save 2k..... Uh..... Decisions. Will see how it feels tomorrow, might not even fit my oversize hands. Make the decision easier! Lol 

If you're saving $2K off list, you're buying essentially a $1300 CM.  At that price, if  you don't like it, there is zero chance you'll lose money when you decide to sell it.

I’ve haven’t had to touch my mags. Either the 20’s or the stick. Admittedly they don’t get much use, only a couple of times a year.

I run the CZC springs, followers & bases for 22 in the shorties & 29 in the stick. Runs flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/23/2018 at 8:27 PM, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

A Czechmate with LOK Bogies palm swell Shadow2 grips is a pretty big grip size, I doubt you'll find it too small.

All I can say to this is:  Pick a platform and stick with it. Constantly switching platforms will only screw you up. That said, I've been shooting 1911s since the 70s and just bought a Tactical Sport, but I have no plans to compete with it.

The only thing that I can say is to jump on it! My Czechmate has about 14K rds through it and the only time it has malfunctioned is with a dirty mag. It is nice to know that your gun will shoot 100% reliable, and you have that with a CM. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love my Czechmate. I got it and started messing with springs, but ultimately kept the stock 14lb spring. Runs major and minor ammo no problem at all. 

Upgraded to the flat alum trigger and I love it. Next upgrade will probably be the long comp by kneeling.

6 hours ago, Sneexies said:

I love my Czechmate. I got it and started messing with springs, but ultimately kept the stock 14lb spring. Runs major and minor ammo no problem at all. 

Upgraded to the flat alum trigger and I love it. Next upgrade will probably be the long comp by kneeling.

Love my CM too. I chased Springs for a long time 8-11# and gave up and went back to Stock. Shoots way better than the lighter recoil springs, snaps right back to where it started and stops, go figure. 🤨

Hey guys - I just got my CZ up and running and I can post pics if requested.  After running multiple 2011 9mm major guns, and I also briefly owned a Tanfo GT 9mm, I will say I like the CZ a lot.  "Better" is subjective but here are some of my observations:

-Reliability - right out of the box, even with the stock Cmore mount, the gun is 100%.  Ive since added the CZC basepads which gives 29 for the big stick - stil 100%.  Right out of the box, you don't really need to tweak it to get the ejection right, or the trigger right, it feels great.

-Very accurate - a buddy who shoots a CZ locally said he runs Blues - I was skeptical but with 115 Blues and 124 Blues, the gun is very accurate.  This is with both WAC and Sil.  If you want to run Blues out of a major gun, this will work right out of the box.  Ive had mixed success with accuracy of Blues out of 2011s at major PF.  Since it doesnt have popple holes, you can get away with less powder, esp if you run Blues.  I can get the same PF with .2-.4 grains less of powder depending on the load.

-Value - I bought mine new for just under 3k - that is a new 9mm open gun with two barrels, slide for limited minor, new Cmore, mount, lots of spare parts, etc.  

-CZC has a multioptic mount which is money - it comes with a bunch of different holes and plugs so you can throw pretty much any optic on the same mount.  Ive had both a DPP and RTS2 on mine.

-One downside is the chamber - you'll need to ream it or just run short bullets - 1.11 with blues for me.  Reaming is no big deal ,but with less powder, its not a big deal running 1.11.

-Another downside is weight - I like a really heavy open gun, and this is lighter than my steel grip 2011 with super heavy magwell and full length dust cover.

Long story short, I like it - I think it shoots as flat and as nice as a 2011 CK fully set up with popple holes and a good comp.

Tom

17 hours ago, rpm8300 said:

Another downside is weight - I like a really heavy open gun, and this is lighter than my steel grip 2011 with super heavy magwell and full length dust cover.

I don't know how much the brass magwell weighs, but they also sell brass grips for the Czechmate, another idea is the CZC mag well they weight ~2oz more than the factory Czechmate magwell.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/40120_brass-magwell-full-size-large-frame-czub