Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10 Questions

jschweg

I have 2 questions that I wanted to get some opinions on.

While it might be a while until I get enough scratch, but I've decided that I'd like to get the Brazos HP Edge in 40 for a move to limited. I love single stack, but I'm a little bored since this divison only has anywhere between 3 and 7 people in it at my local matches.

I live in NY so my only choice here is L10. I have noticed, however, that the limited competitors are split between limited and limited 10 as both are still an "option". Obviously we're all stuck with 10 rounds anyway but I'm not really sure why you would register for limited in NY unless you want to keep your options open for other states. I would assume that L10 is completely dead in non-restricted states.

Also, I understand why the no lock back on the 2011's, but in the case where you aren't going for max capacity, does it still make sense to do this on an L10 gun for the overinsertion issue?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jschweg said:

I'm not really sure why you would register for limited in NY unless you want to keep your options open for other states

That's exactly why, especially if the match has a classifier stage in it.

4 hours ago, jschweg said:

Also, I understand why the no lock back on the 2011's, but in the case where you aren't going for max capacity, does it still make sense to do this on an L10 gun for the overinsertion issue?

Yes. Same reason as above. I'm in NY also. And my L10 Brazos 2011, is my Limited gun when I shoot in other states like PA. Keeping everything the same, except for mag capacity, makes for consistancy.

Besides, if you're constantly going to slide lock, you're not keeping track of your round count, and losing time reloading from the slide lock position.

And L10 isn't completely dead in non-restrictive states, but it usually has the smallest number of competitors.

Btw, I also shoot single stack, even in some of the out of state sectional matches. While there are fewer competitors, it is certainly more of a challenge when it comes to planning how to run a stage and plan your reloads. Then when I go to an Area match in another state, and shoot real limited, it's a pleasure only having to plan where I'll do a single reload.

Out club is about ten minutes from the New York and New Jersey line. We see a ton of guys who come across to shoot normal capacity. You can usually tell by the huge grin on their faces as they start loading them up. A large portion of our competitors come from ny and nj. Since the mags are legal I don’t even ask about mags