Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colorado Springs bound! (Who all's here?)

Just got my orders for my next assignment and am happy to say I'll be a Colorado Springs resident by the end of this week! 

Done a bit of research on my own as far as looking up the local clubs, seems I have plenty of matches to choose from on pretty much a weekly basis. Excited to get into the shooting community out here, and I've gotta imagine there are a few residents who frequent the forums here. 

If anyone wants to meet up at local matches feel free to reach out. I don't know the layout of the land at all, no clue where the good public shooting pits are to practice, and don't know if there are specific clubs that USPSA shooters prefer or avoid. Also I am going to be building a new reloading bench once I arrive, if anyone is handy with a square and a saw let me know! 

catch ya in a bit Colorado

Just now, Sarge said:

Google USPSA in Colorado. There are a number of matches out there.

Carson? Peterson? Academy?

Yep, I've looked up the local clubs and was happy to see there are matches in the area on almost a weekly basis.

I'll be headed to Peterson for my assignment, 

43 minutes ago, nitrohuck said:

Yep, I've looked up the local clubs and was happy to see there are matches in the area on almost a weekly basis.

I'll be headed to Peterson for my assignment, 

Beautiful town and state. Good luck and thanks for your service.

Thanks very much, Sarge, can’t wait to get out there. 

If if anyone in CO Springs has access to a wood shop I’d happily pay in cash, beer or pizza to be able to slice up a few 2x4’s and sheets of plywood for my new  reloading bench. I doubt Home Depot will be reliable enough to cut what I need accurately

8 minutes ago, nitrohuck said:

Thanks very much, Sarge, can’t wait to get out there. 

If if anyone in CO Springs has access to a wood shop I’d happily pay in cash, beer or pizza to be able to slice up a few 2x4’s and sheets of plywood for my new  reloading bench. I doubt Home Depot will be reliable enough to cut what I need accurately

Back in the day military bases had woodshops for DIY. Also car repair DIY. Things might be totally different these days though. Worth a look

Nitrohuck> Welcome to Colorado. Your best resource for finding local matches across the Colorado Front range is the www.ecouspsa.com website. Ranges, Match Schedules, Match Contacts, Notification email registration and much more stuff can be found on that website. I would highly recommend signing up for the Results/Notifications e-mail list as that is the primary method Match Directors use to send out match status. Given that we are starting winter knowing if a match is or isn't going to happen due to poor weather is important if you don't want to waste your time driving to the range then finding out that the match is canceled.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 2:18 PM, CHA-LEE said:

Nitrohuck> Welcome to Colorado. Your best resource for finding local matches across the Colorado Front range is the www.ecouspsa.com website. Ranges, Match Schedules, Match Contacts, Notification email registration and much more stuff can be found on that website. I would highly recommend signing up for the Results/Notifications e-mail list as that is the primary method Match Directors use to send out match status. Given that we are starting winter knowing if a match is or isn't going to happen due to poor weather is important if you don't want to waste your time driving to the range then finding out that the match is canceled.

Thanks for the info, I just joined the email list for the group. 

So so far I’ve been here for 5 days and I’m loving CO Springs, great area for sure. 

Is is anyone here going the the Sunday 2 Dec match at PSAC in Aurora?? Thinking about heading out there

Edited by nitrohuck

Its a good thing that you signed up for the e-mail list because that is where all of the match status e-mails are sent out. The Dec 2nd PSAC match may get canceled due to weather and that Go/No Go match notice will be sent out via the ECOUSPSA e-mail list. Watch for that match status e-mail before heading to the match that morning.

• 2 weeks later...