Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black friday components thread?

StandardError

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like CCI (or S&B) primers and I don't like coated bullets, so I guess I should have been more specific. I have shopped around quite a bit online. For WSP primers and copper plated 9mm bullets, I think the Midway prices are very competitive. I don't have any special allegiance to them, just after a good deal.

I know it’s been covered ad nauseam, but if you buy 2k or more from Precision Delta you can get JHP for about $2-$3 more than plated. And that’s $2-$3 total, not per 1000. If you get FMJ’s it’s almost a wash.

Once you go JHP, you never go back.

I believe PD has %5 off right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@jejb the savings are likely similar on Winchesters elsewhere just like they are with CCI, but I haven’t looked. My vibraprime chokes on winchester primers, and my 1050 makes me care a lot less than when I had to deal with the 650s priming system.

That said, Everglades has plated 124s for the same price as Berry’s through Midway at 8 cents per bullet... except Everglades has free shipping 365 days a year.

RMR is cheaper at 7.8 cents if you buy 3k, but I don’t know if their shipping is free or not.

My vibraprime had problems with winchester primers until I added a vary tiny piece of scotch tape right from the corner to the hole. Now it shoots every kind of primer down without any hick ups.  I also just ordered 10K of winchester SPP from midway.  They are cheaper if you order them by 1K lots, crazy.

Edited by mayassa
spelling

1 hour ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I know it’s been covered ad nauseam, but if you buy 2k or more from Precision Delta you can get JHP for about $2-$3 more than plated. And that’s $2-$3 total, not per 1000. If you get FMJ’s it’s almost a wash.

Once you go JHP, you never go back.

I believe PD has %5 off right now?

8% off when you spend $300 on:
115 JHPs
124 JHPs
147 FMJs
.40 165 FMJs

NOV08 is the coupon. 

Edited by andrew1220

8 minutes ago, andrew1220 said:

My bad! Just checked, code applies to the following:
115 JHPs
124 JHPs
147 FMJs
.40 165 FMJs

I tried 124gr hp and it's still not working.  Wondering if it expired.

Edited by chenault

It’s not components, but Titan Reloading is having a sale on all bench mounted presses.

10% off 23rd-26th

From the email:

“Add the press you want into our website shopping cart.

Then go to 'View Cart' rather than 'Checkout' to use coupon code BFCM”

titanreloading.com

I’ve been wanting to add a Dillon 650 to my bench. Gonna finally do it this weekend.

Just got an email from TJ Conevera.

All jacketed pistol bullets 8% off this weekend.

I’ve purchased from them before in the past when they had good sales. Prices just haven’t been competitive lately.

Haven’t run the numbers yet, but maybe the sale helps.

Just placed an order with Grafs. Their Black Friday sales have started and most of the site is 10% off. Able to pick up Fiocchi SPP for around $25/k shipped and powder for around $17-18/lb depending on what you use. 

I’ve never used the Fiocchi. How do they compare to other primers? Are they similar to any other popular brand?

3 hours ago, mayassa said:

My vibraprime had problems with winchester primers until I added a vary tiny piece of scotch tape right from the corner to the hole. Now it shoots every kind of primer down without any hick ups.  I also just ordered 10K of winchester SPP from midway.  They are cheaper if you order them by 1K lots, crazy.

Can you explain more? Pic?

58 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I’ve never used the Fiocchi. How do they compare to other primers? Are they similar to any other popular brand?

I have also never used them personally but researched heavily before buying and posts from the past three years till now have all been almost 100% positive reviews. Most say they are somewhere between Winchester and CCI in hardness and no one I saw has ever had any duds. They come in 1500 packs for $36 or 12000/case at $268.