Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black friday components thread?

StandardError

Since  Brownells does not have CCI - SPP in stock I cannot comment on your question...I have used CCI primers for over 35 years with no plans to change as long as I can find them at reaconable prices....And being on a fixed income and not shooting as much as I used too I cannot purchase more than 5k primers at a time

I get it. Totally understandable. We likes what we likes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I ordered 20k from Brownells.

Using the 10% code (free shipping), even with hazmat they come out to $109.60 per thousand.

If Midway or Grafs is cheaper please tell me what I’m missing????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordere 20k myself. $24 per 1k is the lowest I’ve ever spent on primers. Fiocchi can be found that cheap locally but I try to stick wirh CCI and Win. 

I ordered a case of 3000 Xtreme 147 gr 9mm.  My e-invoice did NOT reflect a 20% discount.  I e-mailed them, they will "fix it on Monday."  Shipping not included, $30. 

I ordered 1000 Gallants, 15% discount and "free" shipping.  New outfit to me, so I figured I would try a 147 gr coated ROUNDNOSE because my guns don't feed the more common flatpoints well. 

I’m finding grafs cheapest on smaller orders, 4lbs and 3K.

I switched to PDelta when extreme got funky. May order from RMR if PD does nothing for cyber Monday??

Check out Everglades Ammunition. Their stuff is on par with RMR and PD.

If PD does 10% off that is still the best deal in town. But like you said. Not sure if they are going to.

They have 10% site wide and free shipping.

I got their 3750 pack of 124gr JHP for $296.10 shipped. That $0.078 per bullet.

Also got their 3000 pack of plated 147gr RN for $224.10 shipped. $0.074 per bullet.

4 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

Using the 10% code (free shipping), even with hazmat they come out to $109.60 per thousand.

If that's $110/shiped per  5 thousand, that isn't half bad.  I'm guessing these are  winchester SPPs.  Although I still prefer CCI and S&B over winnies

If that's $110/shiped per  5 thousand, that isn't half bad.  I'm guessing these are  winchester SPPs.  Although I still prefer CCI and S&B over winnies

Yes sir. It’s Winchester SPP.

I used to use CCI and Winchester. But I got to many FTF with the CCIs. I run a lot of light striker springs. But I even get the occasional FTF with standard or heavier striker springs. Not very often. But one is enough. Switched to Winchester for all pistol rounds. I also find I get lower SD/ES with the Winchester SPP.

Paying the standard hazmat you really have to get 10,000 or more before the Brownells deal starts to pay off.

Has anyone tried RMR’s 147gr flat nose FMJ Matchwinners?

I was wondering how they feed?

They have 7% off their in house bullets.

You can get 3000 of either their 147gr FMJ RN or FP for $238.94 shipped. $0.079 per bullet.

Pretty damn good for an FMJ.

I like the plated 147’s through my suppressor since there’s no lead exposed, but I’d like to see how those 147gr flat points shoot in my G34

5 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

Has anyone tried RMR’s 147gr flat nose FMJ Matchwinners?

I was wondering how they feed?

They have 7% off their in house bullets.

You can get 3000 of either their 147gr FMJ RN or FP for $238.94 shipped. $0.079 per bullet.

Pretty damn good for an FMJ.

I like the plated 147’s through my suppressor since there’s no lead exposed, but I’d like to see how those 147gr flat points shoot in my G34

I've tried them.  I didn't have any problems  with feeding and they were very accurate. 

$110 shipped for Win primers is a smoking deal. That’s way below what powdervalley sells them for. They start at $28 I believe.

My math was way off. It’s $120 per 5000 or $24.17 per thousand shipped shipped when you order 20000, or $122 per 5000 if you only order 15000 (you have to spend $300 to get the 10% off and free shipping).

Sorry. Still a good deal.

I shot about 500 through a CK open gun, and they were accurate, but I was getting leading in the comp.  I shot the other 500 with a Sig X-5 and they were also very accurate.   Great bullets, but the open base didn't let me use them for open, and I mostly shoot coated with my X-5, so I don't shoot them anymore. 

I will say that I didn't see any accuracy difference between them and the JHP that I was using. 

8 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

My math was way off. It’s $120 per 5000 or $24.17 per thousand shipped shipped when you order 20000, or $122 per 5000 if you only order 15000 (you have to spend $300 to get the 10% off and free shipping).

Sorry. Still a good deal.

Now for cyber Monday Brownells has 10% off plus free shipping on all orders. 

15 minutes ago, Furrly said:

anybody know Shooter Connection discount code for Enos members, I understand there is one.

thanks 

You email Chuck and tell him your user name on this fourm and he adds you. 

2 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

Precision Delta has a Cyber Monday special... You won't want to miss it. 

It'll go live shortly. 

If you aren't subscribed, go to the PD site, and sign up for the newsletter at the bottom of the page. 

This is definitely the best sale I've seen from them and I highly recommend their bullets. 

Edited by jsoupene