Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black friday components thread?

StandardError

23 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Can you explain more? Pic?

I added 2 layers of tape, this keeps the primers from getting cock eyed in the drop hole and stopping the flow.  You need to use a knife and cut off the sides so the tape sits into the other half 

20181121_204009_resized.jpg

Edited by mayassa

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mayassa said:

I added 2 layers of tape, this keeps the primers from getting cock eyed in the drop hole and stopping the flow.  You need to use a knife and cut off the sides so the tape sits into the other half 

20181121_204009_resized.jpg

Thanks.. I'll try this!

I’ve never used the Fiocchi. How do they compare to other primers? Are they similar to any other popular brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They seem to be comparable to Winchester SPP. An example. CCI I have a 5-8% failure to fire out of 100. With Win SPP and Federal SPP are 100% reliable. Fiocchi SPP so far have been 100% reliable. For me they are very close to Winchester for cup softness and I use them interchangeably with Win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They seem to be comparable to Winchester SPP. An example. CCI I have a 5-8% failure to fire out of 100. With Win SPP and Federal SPP are 100% reliable. Fiocchi SPP so far have been 100% reliable. For me they are very close to Winchester for cup softness and I use them interchangeably with Win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Looking to avoid CCI type hardness.

My experience is same as yours. CCIs are fine with factory firing pin springs, but any lighter and lots of FTF. Winchester’s go off if your look at them sternly. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-treme Bullets - I just loaded 3k rounds of 9mm bullets into my cart and when I did it provided a 20% - YES a 20% discount but it did not show up until I loaded the bullets into my cart..  

No Free Shipping but still comes out to 8 cents a round.......HappyThanksgiving Everyone...Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

4 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

X-treme Bullets - I just loaded 3k rounds of 9mm bullets into my cart and when I did it provided a 20% - YES a 20% discount but it did not show up until I loaded the bullets into my cart..  

No Free Shipping but still comes out to 8 cents a round.......HappyThanksgiving Everyone...Mark

Just did the same thing.  

$.08/round shipped for 147 grain 9mm isn't too shabby.  

Happy thanksgiving. 

15 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

That’s not even really worth buying...

If you pick up the 4K federal spp plus add as many match spp's as you want (a couple bucks per K more but still well priced) and powder if you need it, it works out pretty goodly.

That was yesterday though. 

On 11/21/2018 at 9:42 AM, funkymonkey1111 said:

Just guessing, but the sale appears to be a true black Friday sale.  it says it starts on the 23rd--so maybe the website will say out of stock until then. 

Hoping that's correct.  125 TC 9mm case pricing works out to 5.74 cents/bullet, which is pretty amazing.  I'm not currently low on bullets, but if I can get them at that price, I should probably order a solid mailman-hatred worth.

6 hours ago, chenault said:

Got my Blue Bullets order in.  Was hoping for an ACME deal, but I have heard nothing from them. 

Acme has never had a Black Friday deal better than their regular price minus the 10% Enos discount

9 minutes ago, jejb said:

My Midway WSP primers were $128 per 5K, $9.99 hazmat and free shipping. Took 2 days to arrive, including Thanksgiving.

I ordered 10K of them, should be delivered today.  Also if you order in 1K increments it bring the price down 124 per 5K.

Edited by mayassa

2 minutes ago, mayassa said:

I ordered 10K of them, should be delivered today.  Also if you order in 1K increments it bring the price down 124 per 5K.

Good price. If only Win’s were all round.....

I picked up a few packs of the Fiocchi primers (from Grafs) for the equivalent of $24/1000 (they come in packs of 1500) along with some powder to play with 9 Major this winter. Hoping the Fiocchi are as good as their east block cousins S&B.

Since  Brownells does not have CCI - SPP in stock I cannot comment on your question...I have used CCI primers for over 35 years with no plans to change as long as I can find them at reaconable prices....And being on a fixed income and not shooting as much as I used too I cannot purchase more than 5k primers at a time

Edited by Sigarmsp226