Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Treme Bullets - anyone buying lately?

Jollymon32

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had a problem getting my X-Treme order in a timely manner. Last order for 4K was placed 7/24 and rec'd 8/2. That was with free shipping.

I like the product. The problem now is that even with a discount, $30 shipping is too much. 

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, BallisticianX said:

I just saw the shipping is $20 flat rate for 26 to 50lbs

Didn't see the $20 shipping but they I know they are discounting plated bullets 10% at this point. 

Still my favorite bullets. If I didn't already have over a year's supply I'd order. I don't think my shed floor can handle any more weight.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Never have had a good experience with X-Treme shipping in the past sending my orders out promptly, always took about 2 weeks to receive, but decided to try 1 more time. Ordered 500 115gr RN plated on 12/7/18 as a test. The 3 of us go thru roughly 20K of these a year. 11 days later still have not shipped.

Sent an email and they responded with being so busy with black Friday sale they have not caught up in their shipping. Really, almost 2 weeks and hasn't even left the warehouse. Last order from them for me.

gerritm

1 hour ago, gerritm said:

Never have had a good experience with X-Treme shipping in the past sending my orders out promptly, always took about 2 weeks to receive, but decided to try 1 more time. Ordered 500 115gr RN plated on 12/7/18 as a test. The 3 of us go thru roughly 20K of these a year. 11 days later still have not shipped.

Sent an email and they responded with being so busy with black Friday sale they have not caught up in their shipping. Really, almost 2 weeks and hasn't even left the warehouse. Last order from them for me.

gerritm

Sorry to hear. I just placed an order for 1,000 135 RNFP on Friday and just came in today, Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Davidp1911 said:

I use XT for PCC and Production loads only. They would tumble when I tried loading them for my open gun.

If you are getting bullets to tumble, could be over crimped. I always check a loaded dummy round and making sure I don't over crimp and put a crease on the plating.

2 hours ago, Lastcat said:

Sorry to hear. I just placed an order for 1,000 135 RNFP on Friday and just came in today, Tuesday.

If you are getting bullets to tumble, could be over crimped. I always check a loaded dummy round and making sure I don't over crimp and put a crease on the plating.

Tumbling occurs cuz I'm shooting 115gr major loads and going faster than recommended speed limits for plated bullets.

1 hour ago, Furrly said:

Plated bullets, open loads, that's a NO NO

Xtreme HP's are all thick plated and rated for open velocities supposedly. They also sell a round nose thick plated bullet for open velocities as well. Probably tumble because they are cheap bullets. They certainly are not the best choice for any competition loads, especially open division.

17 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Xtreme HP's are all thick plated and rated for open velocities supposedly. They also sell a round nose thick plated bullet for open velocities as well. Probably tumble because they are cheap bullets. They certainly are not the best choice for any competition loads, especially open division.

Agree Sarge, that was my point 

19 hours ago, Lastcat said:

My guess is they may be out of the 115 plated, not sure. going back to Everglades, free & prompt shipping.

Xtreme just sent an email that it shipped, 12 days from the original order date. Not good.

gerritm

Edited by gerritm

12 hours ago, gerritm said:

My guess is they may be out of the 115 plated, not sure. going back to Everglades, free & prompt shipping.

Xtreme just sent an email that it shipped, 12 days from the original order date. Not good.

gerritm

I wonder if they are backlogged because of the 115 and/or the 124's popularity? I use the 135 RNFP, maybe those are always in stock?

I think if they ever go under, I'll have to lengthen the Leade (Czechmate) and try Everglades 124 JHP.

We shoot them because we run the same minor 115gr PF/OAL load in 5 different guns, they are accurate, they feed well, and I tried the hi-tek and FMJ, and they lead the comps up on my PCC and minor open Glock 3-gun. When you use 20K a year every little savings count. They work for us.

gerritm

I paid 7.7 cents a pop for 3000  Xtreme 147s including BF discount and no-longer-free shipping. 

They feed reliably in all my 9mms and are as accurate as I can tell hand held. 

I am loading a trial lot of Gallant coated.  They sent me flat point instead of roundnose, but they still feed in guns with integral ramps, just not my old Colt. 

I may stay with them for one gun with a notably "faster" barrel so I have a color code.