Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
IDAHOAASHOOTER

Venom Customs!?

Recommended Posts

On 4/2/2019 at 7:48 AM, Maximis228 said:

Don and I working with LSI for something a little different this time around.

 

Everything has been sent off for coating and I should be beating the s#!t out of these new beauties shortly.

 

56321842_397792844137659_2696560053896347648_n.thumb.jpg.6f6df6f218e205ee0d1e1f8dc314a7d7.jpg

 

oooh. that looks awesome!!!

 

I just made an excel spreadsheet  of parts.... time to start buying LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57059822_271207390451025_8254701962071638016_n.jpg.5fb36d945a42fd79af034773d2011536.jpg

 

Test fire today. Coating maybe tomorrow or Monday. In my hands early next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I know that Venom does really nice work with Cerakote, but what about titanium nitride?  I'm thinking of doing a two-tone 2011, alternating Stainless and TiN-coated components.  I'd like to send Venom a Cheely grip for fitting, but do I need to send it out to get coated first or can Don do that?

Edited by UpYoursPal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 3:30 AM, UpYoursPal said:

So I know that Venom does really nice work with Cerakote, but what about titanium nitride?  I'm thinking of doing a two-tone 2011, alternating Stainless and TiN-coated components.  I'd like to send Venom a Cheely grip for fitting, but do I need to send it out to get coated first or can Don do that?

 

Don will send it out to a finisher of your choice. No one does PVD or the like coatings in house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

57317265_10161544619885459_383637997981007872_n.jpg.5ea853c7a58c168b1e2d0b36c2678a00.jpg56938153_10161544619930459_47128551584956416_n.jpg.6657fc48d7ce8ae119f9169fbc6179d7.jpg

57602719_10161544619995459_5306677401265111040_n.jpg.bf3320c612acad28dc53caa14220b025.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! How do they shoot? I wonder if that extra heavy frame will make follow up shot return to zero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SeattleDude said:

Absolutely beautiful! How do they shoot? I wonder if that extra heavy frame will make follow up shot return to zero. 

 

Ill be chronoing and doing breaking this weekend. Just got em yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I have gotten all my parts together and unfortunately some more pressing things came up that require the funds. I'll make a post in the classifieds too, but if someone was wanting to send parts to Don I could just drop ship everything straight to him and transfer the frame. 

EDIT:

Well guys nevermind, I was able to make other arrangements. 

 

On a side note!

I was shooting today and noticed I was getting alot of slop in my slide. Up/down/ side to side. So I took a video and sent it to Don. He called me about 10 minutes later. Instructed me to just send it on back at my leisure. He would take care of it, sucks it's gotta go back but the process I'm sure will be super easy and it won't take weeks and months to get it back. 

 

Moral of the story, if you have read this thread from the beginning when I started it. My experience with Don has been top notch. Issues always addressed quickly, never more than a call or text away. 

 

Not that you should need it, but here it is... Buy with confidence guys..... 

K BYE. 

 

Edited by IDAHOAASHOOTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New KKM 5.0 hybrid barrels chronoed about 3 PF higher than my 5.5 Hybrid SV Barrels in my older guns with the same load.

 

After 2200 rounds so far, I like the switch from full size to middy. I find myself having faster follow up shots at distance (15+ yards) and being more confident at distance as well. Also noticed im not over swinging the gun as often when running wide transition drills.

 

Old guns and new guns all weigh within .2 OZs of each other (4 total guns).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maximis228 said:

New KKM 5.0 hybrid barrels chronoed about 3 PF higher than my 5.5 Hybrid SV Barrels in my older guns with the same load.

 

After 2200 rounds so far, I like the switch from full size to middy. I find myself having faster follow up shots at distance (15+ yards) and being more confident at distance as well. Also noticed im not over swinging the gun as often when running wide transition drills.

 

Old guns and new guns all weigh within .2 OZs of each other (4 total guns).

 

 

Nice. Are these new hybrid barrels the huge ones that Don cut the slide for? They look fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StandardError said:

 

 

Nice. Are these new hybrid barrels the huge ones that Don cut the slide for? They look fantastic. 

 

The new ones got sent to Glenn at LSI to do some 3d cuts as Don doesn't have a CNC in house. We tried a local vendor but their cuts kinda sucked. Thus we decided on Glenn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

New KKM 5.0 hybrid barrels chronoed about 3 PF higher than my 5.5 Hybrid SV Barrels in my older guns with the same load.

 

After 2200 rounds so far, I like the switch from full size to middy. I find myself having faster follow up shots at distance (15+ yards) and being more confident at distance as well. Also noticed im not over swinging the gun as often when running wide transition drills.

 

Old guns and new guns all weigh within .2 OZs of each other (4 total guns).

I noticed that my 5" hybrid was faster than my full-size as well. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I noticed that my 5" hybrid was faster than my full-size as well. 

 

 

 

I dont think its cycling any faster, just less dot movement at distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I noticed that my 5" hybrid was faster than my full-size as well. 

 

 

I always find my new kkm's to be very fast out of the box but slow down with use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

 

I dont think its cycling any faster, just less dot movement at distance.

I meant I'm also getting more fps with the same load. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theWacoKid said:

I always find my new kkm's to be very fast out of the box but slow down with use.

Makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B_RAD said:

I meant I'm also getting more fps with the same load. 

 

Yea... Slow morning. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B_RAD said:

Makes sense. 

 

Every time with a new barrel I think "nice, I can bump my load down a touch" and then before you know it, I'm bumping right back up to where I was.  The new barrel cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 9:06 AM, Maximis228 said:

 

The new ones got sent to Glenn at LSI to do some 3d cuts as Don doesn't have a CNC in house. We tried a local vendor but their cuts kinda sucked. Thus we decided on Glenn.

Total price for the upperm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea as it was a complete build cost.

 

Its always best to review pricing with Don as hes rarely ever is making matching pistols with matching parts. He most often builds off a list of parts from his customers or they send him a box of parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 5:33 AM, Knguyen1904 said:

 

I forgot to mention about the popple holes cause they are a little different. The shorty binary engineering has 3 and the long has only two 3/8 holes . The cheely gun has two 1/8” holes . 

44E915B5-A4B2-4802-AE38-178FC1EBD770.jpeg

 

Is the slide with Brazos racker any harder to rack with the hammer up than the middle gun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, Fo0 said:

 

Is the slide with Brazos racker any harder to rack with the hammer up than the middle gun?

No it comes back just as easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently had Don build and install a new 9 Major top end on an old STI frame from another open gun.

The whole process was quick and painless. Don recieved the frame on April 1st and started the project about

two weeks later. He started on a Thursday and I had the gun back on the following Thursday.

He kept me informed of the progress almost daily. I could not be more pleased with the finished product.

I have about 800 rounds thru it so far and it has been absolutely reliable, could not ask for better.

I chose Venom Custom because of the opinions expressed in this thread and found everything said about Don to be true.

There are pictures of it in the white posted on the Venom Custom Facebook page, it's the top end for Rick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for you guys with the front slide cuts that expose the barrel.  Is it a pain in the a$$ to clean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, clw42 said:

Question for you guys with the front slide cuts that expose the barrel.  Is it a pain in the a$$ to clean?

 

No. If anything, it makes it easier as you have more space and angles to get in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...