IDAHOAASHOOTER

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

Hell ya, what made you choose PT over cheely

I've a PT grip/frame before. Only cheely I've felt was his first one. Like PT way more. The E2 is nice from what I hear but never felt one. 

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

I've a PT grip/frame before. Only cheely I've felt was his first one. Like PT way more. The E2 is nice from what I hear but never felt one. 

Makes sense, I have the cheely, felt a few PT I like the way they feel but for me there's more value in the cheely. Coming with the magwell and all. 

10 minutes ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

Makes sense, I have the cheely, felt a few PT I like the way they feel but for me there's more value in the cheely. Coming with the magwell and all. 

I didn't know that.   

I'd like to get my hands on an E2. 

Grips are 100% personal preference. Nothing really gained with one over another besides confidence.

I like the EVO because it fits my hand best. I have owned the OLD PT (Both aggressive and non), the evo, SV in all texture types (Minus the newest diamond on top of diamond pattern and lines they just came out with). I have also felt the new Cheely E2, older E1, Lone star (Outlaw?). I have yet to personally hold the L10 grips.

EVO/Lone star are very similar. Slightly different undercuts. Grippyness is similar. Lone star is slightly larger.

I dont think the Cheelys are that grippy at all. If you use some sort of grip enhancer, that one might be a good balance to still break grip easily. Also Cheely only takes Cheely magwells which kinda sucks.

Size (Largest to smallest)

Lone Star

Evo

Cheely

SV

Grip Texture (Most to least aggressive)

SV (Aggressive)

Evo

Old PT (Aggressive)

Lone Star

Cheely

SV (Single Diamond)

Old PT (Non Aggressive)

SV (Non aggressive)

Edited by Maximis228

49 minutes ago, StandardError said:

Don is working on a build of mine with the new L10 grip and I can send some pictures of the whole shebang when she's done.

He told me he's taking the next 3 wks off. 🤣

Great looking gun B_RAD. How do you like the full dust cover open gun? I want to do that only next build. I bet the eXtra weight really keeps the muzzle down. 

On another note My wife and I just moved into our dream house on 15 acres, so I’ve been shooting everyday. And the icing on the cake, we just met our neighbors who really aren’t that close to us, but still close enough to hear the blasts of my open gun. We went over to introduce ourselves and they’re gun  people too, and already have a range build on their property. They said everyone shoots around here.  It couldn’t be a more perfect situation. Prior to moving I got to shoot 2 times a week at best, most only once. So now being able to walk out my back door, my gun is racking up the round count. I hope I can get 30-50k out of this slide before it cracks, preferably even longer. Gonna start slowly saving up parts for my next build so it’s not such a shock to my wallet buying them all at once. 

Edited by Jfitz427

@B_RAD beautiful gun! Don spent an hour on the phone with me yesterday talking about my first open gun build and we came to something very similar to yours. Tentatively 3 holes and the binary 2 port comp with a full length dustcover. Can’t wait to hear how it shoots and to see some videos! 

@Jfitz427 sounds like the dream living situation, what state?

5 hours ago, Eros said:

@B_RAD beautiful gun! Don spent an hour on the phone with me yesterday talking about my first open gun build and we came to something very similar to yours. Tentatively 3 holes and the binary 2 port comp with a full length dustcover. Can’t wait to hear how it shoots and to see some videos! 

We live in North Carolina. A good free state. 

7 hours ago, Eros said:

Sounds good. I like the looks of the 2 port comp. Might got that route next time. 

1 minute ago, Eros said:

@Jfitz427 beautiful! My fiancé and I are planning to leave the crappy state we are in and do the same as you! Land and our own private range, plus some animals ;) 

You’ll love it. I came down here from New York 6 years ago and man, what a difference. New York is as bad as Ca. So I know your pain. Gun control laws passed that target law abiding citizens with surgical precision. Promoting illegals and criminals lives over citizens. Taxing you to death. 

Were planninng on getting some chickens soon, we have tons of deer roaming to hunt, and soon will start building some big vegetable gardens. Coming from the city , it’s just so nice and peaceful out here. So quiet which I love after living in an area with hundreds of barking dogs all night. But we are still less then 15 mins from downtown Greensboro, a decently sized city. It’s a great location.