Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venom Customs!?

IDAHOAASHOOTER

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, CJDOUBLETAP said:

Fast turn around time, easy to work with, and builds some badass guns. Couldn't be happier with mine.

IMG_1604.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1606.JPG

Beautiful gun,  is that the binary comp? Why the Romeo 1 over Romeo 3? Just curious why you like the r1 over the 3?

Edited by Acsr

I'm happy to say I will be shooting one soon! He has been great to work with! Very understanding that as this is my first time with a builder in this process I'm still learning. Very excited! Ordered recommended bullets today luckly for my we worked a deal on a stock gun he had. Hopefully by mid January I'll be developing a load for this new open blaster!

4 hours ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

I'm happy to say I will be shooting one soon! He has been great to work with! Very understanding that as this is my first time with a builder in this process I'm still learning. Very excited! Ordered recommended bullets today luckly for my we worked a deal on a stock gun he had. Hopefully by mid January I'll be developing a load for this new open blaster!

Very cool!  

8 hours ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

Congrats! You will be very happy with it. Did you get that long dust cover one?

Edited by Gooldylocks

5 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

He had a bronze one in stock, I was gonna just do a build. I kinda wanted the island barrel but I decided to save the $. He is going to re-spray in that blue grey titanium color for me. Leabe the controls black. Do a silica carbide grip, swap to single sided safety. I was concerned with that optic mount but he assures me it ejects fine and I guess alot of people really like them. So I will give it a shot! 

Ordered some PD 124 JHP last night on the recommendation or max. Don reached out to him to find what he is shooting so I'm going to start with a direct copy of his load data and maybe tweek it a little. But honestly if it runs and it's consistent. I won't change a thing. 

I'm a little worried about a trigger as light as he has it tuned too. So I will reach out and probably have him put a little more tension on the sear leg maybe try to get it closer to 2- 2 1/2. Just so it's close to what I am used to. 

11 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

Gooldylocks and Max.... I’m starting with a long dust cover frame what are you guys thoughts on how much to chop off? Top End will be Binary Eng Comp on SV hybrid barrel.

Looks like most of Max’s open guns are just a butler cut and still have good length to the dust cover.

Is it mainly a personal preference? I only have experience with a short dust cover open gun and very minimal with it 🤪

Thanks 

That is basically the same gun as ours: he uses the binary and I use the LSI comp but they are hybrids.

His are butler cut, mine is butler cut but since I have a 5" gun (so it started a half inch shorter to start) it is more like 5/8 length rather than 3/4 haha.

Its all personal preference. I would have left em full dust covers but I wanted em to look at little better. I just gave Don some ideas on cuts I liked and just let him run with it.

My next two builds with him will be 5.0 hybrid guns with Cheely heavy frames and Binary comps.

I like a very heavy gun. Im also a very large dude. Its not for everyone.

15 hours ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

I'm a little worried about a trigger as light as he has it tuned too. So I will reach out and probably have him put a little more tension on the sear leg maybe try to get it closer to 2- 2 1/2. Just so it's close to what I am used to. 

Dont be worried. I run my triggers at about 1.25 Lbs and its a non issue. Have had trigger groups with well over 70K on them. I like to use the Extreme engineering parts as I find they stay tuned and running the best out of anything Ive tried. Out of all the guns Ive built with Don, one practice gun from a few years back had some hammer follow after about 40K and Don swapped out the parts for free and was back in business. No big deal.

31 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

Its all personal preference. I would have left em full dust covers but I wanted em to look at little better. I just gave Don some ideas on cuts I liked and just let him run with it.

My next two builds with him will be 5.0 hybrid guns with Cheely heavy frames and Binary comps.

I like a very heavy gun. Im also a very large dude. Its not for everyone.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to go 5" or full size? Once I make my mind up, I'm gonna to get the ball rolling. 

What barrels are y'all going with for 5" hybrids?

10 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I'm still trying to decide if I want to go 5" or full size? Once I make my mind up, I'm gonna to get the ball rolling. 

What barrels are y'all going with for 5" hybrids?

KKM is actually in the process of releasing their own 5.0 Hybrid barrels. They should be released early 2019. Currently no one offers them at this moment. SV makes em but doesn't sell them as they use those barrels in the IMM guns.

1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

KKM is actually in the process of releasing their own 5.0 Hybrid barrels. They should be released early 2019. Currently no one offers them at this moment. SV makes em but doesn't sell them as they use those barrels in the IMM guns.

Going to be available exclusively at Shooters Connection. Don already has some earmarked ;)

I really wanted to try an island barrel, I was told they are a touch flatter. But I'm 6'6" 320 so I'm not that worried. I've got enough weight in these hands to keep it on target lol. 

So is everyone using WAC? Probably start with 7.2 ish. 1.160? Then work around from there? 

A local guy and I are using Wac. Most everyone else is running Hs6, AA7, or 3n38. I didn't feel a different between Wac and HS6 personally, so I picked the cleaner powder. Ive tested AA7 and too much powder to get flung around when loading for my liking along with bullets possible pushing back out from a compressed load. I know Vlieger is a die hard for AA7 and 115s.

Every barrel is different ladder test starting at 6.7-6.8 range for a 124. Sv barrels are slower and need a little more powder compared to KKM and others.

I run 1.165 OAL with a 124 PD JHP. 7.5 WAC. CCI 500 primer. Mixed range brass that has been roll sized. 178 PF out of a SV barrel with 3 holes.

Edited by Maximis228

Has anyone put a Chrono up for side by side testing with CCI 500'S AND 400'S
The SMALL RIFFLE vs SMALL PISTOL? Ive loaded both and had a buddy load mags for me so I didn't k ow which was which and I couldn't tell the difference in my hands 

I swap back and forth between the 2 all of the time, haven’t seen any real difference.