Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Q about RedHillTactical Kydex holster for P320RX Full Size

Marc82Much

I bought a P320RX Full Size and a Red Hill Tactical Sig competition holster. I got the holster in Carbon Fiber color with red color interior. I also bought the red drop. This is the model I purchase and the website where you can see it. REDHILL TACTICAL. It says it is kydex. It fit my gun perfectly. Problem is, I then sold the Sig and bought a Walther Q5 Match. I was hoping the Q5 would fit the holster, but no such luck. So, since I have no use for this holster, do you think I could use my Q5 as a mold and try to "re-mold" it with heat to fit the Walther? Any other options, thoughts?

Holster_UpSized2.png

Edited by Marc82Much

I build holsters, you could "try" to re-shape it and if you want to I'll give you some instructions. You will probably ruin the holster and have a funky  looking hunk of Kydex.

IMHO just sell the holster, take the loss, and order another  made for your Walther.

Just my .02

Dave

I have tried on a couple of occasions to take a kydex mag pouch made for one mag and "re-molded" it to fit another of similar but not quite the right size.

I've been semi-successful in that they now work with the new mag.

But it's obvious that somebody who didn't really know what they were doing attacked them with a heat gun.

I think a holster would be even more challenging. I wouldn't try it with any holster I own.

RHT holsters are quite popular. I don't think you'd have any trouble selling it.

15 minutes ago, Archer said:

Really?  Mine is a poorly fitting example then.

Did you contact Rob?  The holster on my CZC 75 Shadow had a little slop, sent him email, within minutes I had a shipping label, few days later I had my holster back.  Issue resolved.  

I make my own kydex gear.

Remolding single layer kydex is often pretty doable with satisfactory/functional if possibly less attractive results.

Dual layer is really one and done, you'll likely ruin the outside layer trying to get the inner warm enough to mold. Just making minor adjustments after the initial mold is almost a fool's errand.

Popular gun, popular holster, sell it.

1 hour ago, GregJ said:

Did you contact Rob?  The holster on my CZC 75 Shadow had a little slop, sent him email, within minutes I had a shipping label, few days later I had my holster back.  Issue resolved.  

No, I did not contact them.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Really?  Mine is a poorly fitting example then.  Not impressed.

Both I've had and couple of others I've seen all let the gun rock back and forth like a rocking chair. Not the hanger the holster. Also not a fan.

4 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Both I've had and couple of others I've seen all let the gun rock back and forth like a rocking chair. Not the hanger the holster. Also not a fan.

Same here.  Mine is the double Kydex type.  It simply seems inadequately molded to the pistol- no retention whatsoever, and lots of movement.

The materials seem pretty good, the execution, not so much.  Disappointing, especially given the month plus lead time.  By way of contrast I have a holster from an Alaskan maker who did a perfectly executed custom job in a total 5 day turnaround.

Edited by Archer

20 hours ago, Marc82Much said:

I guess that is what I have to do. Or wait until I get 50 posts and put it up for sale here.

Darn, we could have exchanged the holsters. I moved from the Q5 to the X5 a couple of months ago and bought one for the X5 from RHT. My old RHT holster for the Q5 is still sitting here...

Regarding the fit, I have bought two from RHT and the fit has been ALPHA/ MIKE. The one for the X5 was too tight upon delivery and I had to file some material off from inside.

Rob,

Can you send a pic of your holster for the Q5? Did your Q5 fit it well? I ordered a replacement from RHT, but if it is not too late, I will cancel and take yours. I can just refund your PayPal and we are even. I do need to know the colors, though. Let me know.

Your holster left today, US Mail, priority. Should be there Wednesday.

Marc Ward

314-750-5968