Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 grip size question

Devon

I bought a used Akai Custom 2011 this year and I have fat stubby hands and have been having issues with the grip. It feels too big in my hand and I keep switching the safety up during shooting. Am I to understand that the whole lower unit has to be changed out in order to change the grip?

I might be understanding your question but I think what you mean is the lower unit is the grip. They are really easy to work on here's a video of it going together. The only thing he left out was the trigger and the mag release. Trigger just falls out when you take out the mag release. 

Your not using the proper grip if your thumb is turning the safety on. Your thumb is supposed to go on top of the safety. You may need to pin the grip safety if you are not deactivating it with a high grip.

• 3 months later...

Bullseyes shooters have been building up grips from years, Using the dremel and bondo or similar products then for the clean up and finish  coat the grip with a oxide finish giving the pistol grip a clean look.

On 3/6/2019 at 8:27 PM, tdp88 said:

I think extreme shooters offers a smaller grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I putt on the Shooters Extreme small grip, and it was the perfect solution for my smaller hands. I then also slightly undercut the trigger guard, even though they already do that somewhat. I now have a very high, and solid grip on the gun. I also put in the STI short trigger.