Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 2011 mount

Stealsack

New to open, I'm shooting CO at the moment and building an open gun.

I'm looking at mounts for the rts2 and wondering if they need to be double sided frame mounted, or is single side fine?

Is there a clear "best mount"?

The gun is a custom 2011 and will have Eric's comp on it, no popple holes.  do I need a blast/dirt deflector?

I already have a custom thumb rest I like, so I don't need a dual purpose mount.

Thoughts?

Single sided w 5 holes. No need for a double. Somebody will of course chime in and say”watch the slow motion video of how bad a single side flexes”! So what? Every part flexes when a gun goes off. 

Edited by Sarge

I too prefer the double sided... how predictable was that?  :)  No hard data, but I am an engineer, so I trust my gut feel.  :)  

The only time I did not like the double sided mount was when I had the slide racker on the right. 

Edited by Foxbat

Heh, I've no doubt that the mount flexes, but would it still be moving independent of the barrel for the follow up shot?

Moving enough to effect accuracy I mean? 

What are the feelings on blast deflectors?

@SargeAt first I thought it was a typo, then I decided it was not 🙂 "when a fun goes off."

Not trying to hijac the thread but I'm looking into open and had the same question as you but wanted to add to it.

Maybe this has beend discussed before but does an double sided mount help the longevity of the optic?  I keep hearing about small optics going out on people and I didn't know if the double sided mount helps at all?

I like the Everglades mount. Rock solid and reasonably priced . However I’m switching to an infinity mount cause I recently added popples and the blast shield isn’t helping at all.  The infinity sits back a little farther. Crossing my fingers my dot will stay a little cleaner between stages 

Both my Open gun have five holes on one side.  I've never had an issue with either.  Both sights survived the last two full seasons with nothing more than battery changes.  As for blast shields, I like them with or without poppels.

• 2 weeks later...

Brazos slipstream sits the mount as far back as any single sided I have looked at. Its not as far back as the Infinity but I didnt want to spend that much on a mount and settled on the brazos. On the otherhand, if an infinity came up used for a decent price, id jump on it.