Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Screw broke on scope mount on DVC

cecil

Back in my welding days if a bolt of screw sheered off we'd place a nut on top and fill the (nut hole) with weld. Then you just put a wrench on it and screw it out. However, on a gun I'd bring the frame to a machine shop or gun smith (who owns a mill) and have them (under size) drill it out. Both methods are quite easy.....assuming you know what you are doing. Good luck 

Do you have good tools and good mechanical skills?  If not, I would take it to a good smith. 

Depending upon the screw it might be hard to drill a good hole through it.  In some cases a carbide Dremel tip would work  better.  The screw is usually locktighted, so a torch would be needed to loosen it up. 

Hello: A machine shop with a milling machine is what you want or a place with a milling machine is the right way to do that. It will take about 10 minutes to do it. Easy fix if you have the machine to do it. I have seen a couple of really bad attempts that I have had to fix over the years on cars, motorcycles, machines and guns. Thanks, Eric