Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So, it's isn't the "World Shoot," it's called the "USPSA World King of the Hill Championship Invitational" or whatever.

Why not follow baseball and call it the "World Series", then don't allow other countries to shoot ........ Team USA can then win everything!

<_<

Why the 'tude? We let everyone shoot at the USPSA nats. At the "USPSA World Invitational" we'll actually let you take home the kewpie doll too. ;)

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it's isn't the "World Shoot," it's called the "USPSA World King of the Hill Championship Invitational" or whatever.

Why not follow baseball and call it the "World Series", then don't allow other countries to shoot ........ Team USA can then win everything!

<_<

Excuse me - didn't the Toronto Blue Jays win a world series a few years ago?

...Evidently it was a CZ-85 Combat II, which looks alot like an SP-01 with cut back dustcover, and no "SP-01" markings of course.

So Vince was right, it wasn't an SP-01, like the pictures suggest it could be.... it was a CZ-85.... and the pics are correct, that is the gun in question. Just don't call it an SP-01  ;)...

My very congratulations to the guys at CZUB! I wonder how the CZ85 improved within 20 years an it still call itself just plain "CZ85", really great and really sportsmanlike. I will reconsider the whole story b4 buying guns or ammo next time. kraut

It appears a little un-sportsmanlike to me too. The SP-01 gets banned (temporarily) so they cut a bit off the dust cover, modify the trigger guard where it meets the frame, use the slide and frame of an SP-01 but stamp CZ-85 COMBAT II on it as all CZ-85 models are pre-approved for Production and they are good to go.

Nice. :angry:

Why the 'tude?  We let everyone shoot at the USPSA nats.  At the "USPSA World Invitational" we'll actually let you take home the kewpie doll too.  ;)

Do you realize the nightmare that it may result with 1,000 shooters from around the world trying to get into the US at once, carrying at least 2,000 guns, at the same airport?.

If several shooters had problems by trying to take some ammo to Guayaquil...doing the same in the us would be an imposible mission.

If several shooters had problems by trying to take some ammo to Guayaquil...doing the same in the us would be an imposible mission.

Except that reloading isn't illegal here, components are readily available, and you'd find hundreds of shooters (literally) willing to either load ammo for you to your specs, or let you load your ammo on their Dillon. Ammo wouldn't be a problem... Plenty of folks travel here for matches with firearms...

Why the 'tude?  We let everyone shoot at the USPSA nats.  At the "USPSA World Invitational" we'll actually let you take home the kewpie doll too.  ;)

Do you realize the nightmare that it may result with 1,000 shooters from around the world trying to get into the US at once, carrying at least 2,000 guns, at the same airport?.

I don't think so, as long as the ATF forms are completed in accordance with laws it will most likely be easier than taking the guns/ammo to any other country. It's a non-issue and we can reload here.

Why the 'tude?   We let everyone shoot at the USPSA nats.  At the "USPSA World Invitational" we'll actually let you take home the kewpie doll too.  ;)

Actually, if US Customs and ATF knew what to expect, it would probably be fine. It's not like guns and ammo are hard to find here either.

My very congratulations to the guys at CZUB! I wonder how the CZ85 improved within 20 years an it still call itself just plain "CZ85", really great and really sportsmanlike. I will reconsider the whole story b4 buying guns or ammo next time. kraut

It appears a little un-sportsmanlike to me too. The SP-01 gets banned (temporarily) so they cut a bit off the dust cover, modify the trigger guard where it meets the frame, use the slide and frame of an SP-01 but stamp CZ-85 COMBAT II on it as all CZ-85 models are pre-approved for Production and they are good to go.

Nice.  :angry:

don't think its matter of sportsmanship...CZ produces a gun that is legal by all measurements then IPSC bans it..so they then manufacture a gun that is legal...whether it is available or not is not the issue as IPSC does not have a specification of quantity produced but a list...which OKs all CZ75 and CZ85 variants...the SP01 is rollmarked CZ75 SP01 ( so is a variant of the CZ75 which is legal) but it gets banned????

its a company..that like others is developing guns to meet criteria of shooting sports...don't blame the company if the shooting organization cannot get its criteria straight and then goes banning guns that meet the criteria..under the guise it doesn't define the "spirit"..WTF is that!!!

this thread started because of a modification to gun, not a gun company that manufactures guns for a sport...otherwise look at S&W 5906PC or Springfields XD custom..What is a production gun is another thread which already exists on this and other forums..

I doubt it would be much of a problem..ammo and components are easy...the rest is just tape

Y'all are bringing me down.. at this match, it's done, over. Can we stick the general kvetching about the rules, Vince, the good ol USA and conspiracies to defraud Sevigny elsewhere and leave this topic for WSXIV, please?

The shootoff controversy was only part of a longer mess made worse by rabid fans on both sides. Please don't encourage it.

Pictures from day 5 (end of shooting) and 6 (shootoffs/opening ceremonies) are going up in a little while if I can summon the energy. Rob will no doubt move them to somewhere appropriate that I don't have write-access to.

I´m a gun exporter, and most of my customers are in the US.

All I deal with, are antique and collectible firearms.

My experience with the BATF is not so nice, and always have something to come up with.

Since 9/11...my business with the US became a nightmare. On April 26th. 2004 I sent 11 Winchester trappers 1892 model, and they are still at the ATF curator.

Perhaps they are nice people with inner customers. It is not my situation.

I would like to see the customs and ATF people´s faces when an argentine shooter named Houmad Safwan arrives having two Glocks with him.

+ 1 to eerw.

The SP-01 is LEGAL under all current IPSC Production rules, whether its called a CZ75 or CZ85 variant, and as first produced met all current rules (it was briefly kicked from the list due to European politcs, wrongly, with out proper process - which was why it was added back on the list until the formal vote or rules changes could be taken at the WS).

In any case the SP-01 (and CZ-85 Combat II) are LEGAL in IPSC ..... at least for the rest of the year, when any voted on changes from the WS will take affect..

Hi everyone,

The CZ85 with the shorter dustcover actually came out about the same time as the SP-01 and was not just produced for Adam to shoot at the Worlds. CZ is kind of known for making small runs of guns to try them out and see how they sell before making a huge run of them. They are still trying to decide if they will produce the longer or shorter rail guns in full production. Just like the CZ85 Compact in 40 is the exact same gun as the CZ 75 Compact in 40 with different slide markings they made the 85 Compact to test the waters so to speak before bringing it into production.

CZ-85 Combat II.

An SP-01 dustcover is longer, short about 1/8th of full length.

And while those grips appear to be covered in grip tape (ok), the shape of them sure looks worked over some under the tape.... hmmm.

This is the picture of a gun similar to the one used by Adam T. (thanks to Paul Hyland).

Cz%2075%20COMBAT%20II.jpg

Is that a CZ85 combat or SP-01?

Hi everyone,

The CZ85 with the shorter dustcover actually came out about the same time as the SP-01 and was not just produced for Adam to shoot at the Worlds.  CZ is kind of known for making small runs of guns to try them out and see how they sell before making a huge run of them.  They are still trying to decide if they will produce the longer or shorter rail guns in full production.  Just like the CZ85 Compact in 40 is the exact same gun as the CZ 75 Compact in 40 with different slide markings they made the 85 Compact to test the waters so to speak before bringing it into production.

Well ... the rest of the world calls those prototypes or experimental guns, not so much production models. Just because Dodge made 10 cycles with V10 Viper engines, it doesnt mean that it is a "production" bike.

I just got through looking over the results. Our guys (BE'ers) did very good. A special well done to fellow Texan Shred ... 76th overall.....that's just great. Especially considering all the extras he provides for those of us that couldn't make the trip.

Mike

And while those grips appear to be covered in grip tape (ok), the shape of them sure looks worked over some under the tape.... hmmm.

Those grips look like no CZ grips, even though one model had some thumb rests built into them, they were smaller and on both sides. Note that the other side doesnt have them. Also looking at the Bali picture there seems to be a thumb rest too.

I just got through looking over the results.  Our guys (BE'ers) did very good.  A special well done to fellow Texan  Shred ... 76th overall.....that's just great.  Especially considering all the extras he provides for those of us that couldn't make the trip.

Mike

Yeah, I figure the 100 rounds of borrowed ammo (thanks again James and Dennis!) cost me a few dozen points, but the first day's suckage was all me :wacko: Without that I was looking at top 40 or so.

I think I only let one lil Texan sneak past.. good going BJ.

Those grips look like no CZ grips, even though one model had some thumb rests built into them, they were smaller and on both sides. Note that the other side doesnt have them. Also looking at the Bali picture there seems to be a thumb rest too.

Vlad.

The picture you are looking at is not Tyc's gun.

I think it was posted so that we coild see what a CZ 85 Combat II looks like.

I agree that these grips would not pass an equipment check.

Hope you find this helpfull.