Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
USCSBarney

Glock 45 Carry Optics

Recommended Posts

I shot my G45 in production last weekend. It's bone stock and performed well. I can make good hits and the Gen 5 stock trigger really isn't bad at all.

 

I currently have an Aimpoint ACRO on preorder to go on this gun for CO and general defensive duty. We'll see how that combo works out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I picked up a 45 this afternoon. Shot 100 rounds through it a little while ago and will say it really doesn’t shoot like any other Glock. It points like a 19 but recoils more like a 34. Both are extremely positive for me. I will be sending my slide off for optic milling as soon as my 19 returns. I really like my 19, but can see the 45 replacing it in an EDC role once the optic is on. 

Edited by hlpressley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hlpressley said:

I picked up a 45 this afternoon. Shot 100 rounds through it a little while ago and will say it really doesn’t shoot like any other Glock. It points like a 19 but recoils more like a 34. Both are extremely positive for me. I will be sending my slide off for optic milling as soon as my 19 returns. I really like my 19, but can see the 45 replacing it in an EDC role once the optic is on. 

 

What optic and how are you getting it milled? Ie., keeping the rear sight?

 

Mine is pretty sweet. Just need to lighten up the trigger a bit so probably a little lighter striker spring. 

 

Is is anyone doing gen 5 19 reduced guide rods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Honeybooboo said:

 

What optic and how are you getting it milled? Ie., keeping the rear sight?

 

Mine is pretty sweet. Just need to lighten up the trigger a bit so probably a little lighter striker spring. 

 

Is is anyone doing gen 5 19 reduced guide rods?

I will have it milled to accept an RMR but I actually plan to use the 507C from Holosun. I will be installing suppressor height sights for the purpose of cowitness since this will be a carry gun. 

 

DP Custom Works will be doing the slide milling. He has done a few for me and they have all came back perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 6:41 PM, hlpressley said:

Nice! I really need to get my hands on a 45. Seems it would be great for both carry and the games. 

Seems a little big in the grip for carry.  I would still prefer a 19.  But looks like a great duty gun.

 

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Tattoo said:

Seems a little big in the grip for carry.  I would still prefer a 19.  But looks like a great duty gun.

 

T

The grip is perfect for carry. I currently carry a full size M&P. I don’t do small guns. A 19 is the smallest gun I will even consider as a viable option for anything. Just my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...