Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely E2 grip mod for SV Trigger

alanm

Before I go filing on a 650 dollar grip, can someone tell me the exact way to fit an SV trigger in the E2 grip? Is it just the small side pads at the top and bottom that need filed for clearance?

Do not file the most expensive part.... I have no experience with the E2 grip - disclaimer.

Start by marking the trigger bow with a sharpie and insert it backwards into the grip (bow first while you hold onto the shoe). See where is makes contact and how much contact is being made. If that fits freely, mark the top and bottom of the trigger shoe and see if it is rubbing.  Can also rub on the sides of the shoe at times. Make small adjustments until it fits and slides freely. Again, I would hate to have to make any adjustments to such an expensive part before working over the cheaper part.

7 minutes ago, alanm said:

He’s a busy guy and I hate to pester him to ask him exactly where I should file 

Dude, Matt is never too busy to help a customer. Email or call him. He is probably staring at a CNC machine hoping someone will call LOL.