Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rollsizer vs CasePro

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin:

Even with Mark's upgrade for the Dillon case it still needs modification? Well, regardless. I think I will put mine for sale and get a feedinator (I just found out HasGrok is local to Texas!) 

Edited by LowBoost

17 hours ago, LowBoost said:

@Smithcity:

Any updates? I have been remodeling my "man cave" and have not used either the M7 Evo Pro nor the roll-sizer.

Would like to hear more feedback about the feedinator to see if I can list my new/upgraded Dillon one and order this one.

Feedinator is amazing. It adapts to the speed of the rollsizer and doesnt jam up like the dillon. Having a glitch with the control board, they are sending me a new one. Ill have better data in a weekish.

I sent Brian an email Yesyerday. Awaiting his response. He’s local to Texas. 

I also posted my new Dillon feeder with Immortobit upgrade for sale at $100 discount from what I paid for it less than a month ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Been using the rollsizer a couple days now. I needed to get started but didnt have a small pistol drop tube. So off to Home Depot I went.

Using pex, a torch, some appropriate sized sockets.. I flared the pex to fit the clip, then flared to act like a funnel. Cut to length. There is enough play to move the tube up and down for 9mm or 38 Super. So far Ive had only 1 stoppage at the feeder/tube transition in about 10k rounds. I can run 4 pins on 9mm and the feeder mostly keeps up. 38 Super is 3 pins.

I also added the black powder funnel mentioned a few pages back. It has cured the terrible waterfall issue I was having even just using the press.

This will work well for a while, I need a second feeder eventually. Waiting on more favorable info on the Feedinator.

Pics:

97d04d3ba1018d4ff2f85240f5b67b15.jpg

4f49556aa44d8c8e2ce35f316b623930.jpg

ab0ca2ec10b39b08ad6eb81f6a255e60.jpg

On 3/14/2019 at 7:34 PM, LowBoost said:

Kevin:

Even with Mark's upgrade for the Dillon case it still needs modification? Well, regardless. I think I will put mine for sale and get a feedinator (I just found out HasGrok is local to Texas!) 

The mods are very simple. 1. use a file to roll the flash and lip down on the exit area of the bowl. The injection mold leaves material there that makes it act like a ramp so the cases lift up when they should be falling. They are up long enough for the rotation to carry them over to the far side and jam them in some cases. 2. clean the pockets of the shell plate occasionally. Case lube makes them very sticky and they will hold the case just a slight bit..combined with the ramping from 1 and you can see the issue.  3. a zip tie around the bowl wall at the exit, nipped just enough to leave a small bit sticking out, helps kick the cases off the plate so they aren't as effected by 1 and 2 above.  You will will have to find the best spot based on the cases you are running.   All of these together pretty much eliminate the jamming and the brass waterfall (the cases don't carry too far and bounce in the funnel.

• 1 month later...

After having negative experiences with both rollsizer and immortobot, (and ultimate sorter) I'm about to return the Dillon casefeeder and get the feedinator. My case feeder upgrade kit has not materialized in over two weeks. Emails go unanswered, and if I got someone on the phone I'm mad enough that I wouldn't be doing myself any favors. 

I find it highly coincidental that I have customer service issues with three separate companies in this industry. 

tl;dr

+1 for the feedinator.

Curious how the feedinator works. I just left my rollsizer at 3-4K. It sucks not using it to capacity but I have tried numerous tricks and upgrades. 

I even thought about designing a circuit to automatically reverse when the current spikes. 

Feedinator is a hunk of s#!t.

The Dillon upgrades are just that... Dillon upgrades. You will have issues periodically regardless of the additional fixes you put in place.

The only true casefeed upgrade for the roll sizer or any fast automated press is the MA casefeeder. But that breaks the bank for most.

1 hour ago, ltdmstr said:

+1 on the MA collator. Friend of mine had three or four Star Machines with MA System collators and never, ever had a problem with any  of them.  And they are fast. 

What is this MA collator you speak of. Not finding it.

Edited by Smithcity

Just now, Maximis228 said:

MA systems. They are used on Star, Camdex, Mark 7 Revolution, and other commercial offerings. They are like 2K (Last I heard). Hard to get anyone on the phone over there.

https://m-asystems.com/

Thanks! Looks like their site is down. Will check them out when they come back online.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to update my recommendation. If you are doing any sort of volume of unknown brass or want a Ronco experience, then either the Dillon or feedinator are not the answer.

If you set your expectations low in the beginning, everything will work out okay.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, dark3d said:

I'd like to update my recommendation. If you are doing any sort of volume of unknown brass or want a Ronco experience, then either the Dillon or feedinator are not the answer.

If you set your expectations low in the beginning, everything will work out okay.

What was your feedinator experience?

What was your feedinator experience?
I don't have direct experience with it, only through friends after I asked around about it, so take it with a grain of salt. I was mostly pointing out that if you are looking for high reliability the low end units are good enough to get the job done faster than by hand, but requires a lot of babysitting.

A single. 40 case stuck in a .45 usually bends the pin on the rollsizer, requiring a little bit of time to clear.

I wound up with the upgraded Dillon and I'm not impressed. The mold inside the hopper constantly jams the plate when running 40 brass when the cases ride up to the top upside down. Works great for reloading at slow speeds on the 650, but high volume needs more engineering work.

2 hours ago, dark3d said:

I don't have direct experience with it, only through friends after I asked around about it, so take it with a grain of salt. I was mostly pointing out that if you are looking for high reliability the low end units are good enough to get the job done faster than by hand, but requires a lot of babysitting.

A single. 40 case stuck in a .45 usually bends the pin on the rollsizer, requiring a little bit of time to clear.

I wound up with the upgraded Dillon and I'm not impressed. The mold inside the hopper constantly jams the plate when running 40 brass when the cases ride up to the top upside down. Works great for reloading at slow speeds on the 650, but high volume needs more engineering work.

Yeah, feeding the rollsizer poorly sorted brass is frustrating. Ive got a fairly decent sorting process, rollsizer humms along with it. I was wondering if you had any specific issues with the feedinator.

I really dont like the dillon case feeder for the rollsizer.

11 minutes ago, CHA-LEE said:

Roll sizing brass or not isn't going to make much of any difference in the handle effort while reloading. If you want to reduce handle effort while reloading use case lube.

I do use case lube, but I have seen at least one review stating lower handle effort. I was just looking for some more input on that. 

4 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

I do use case lube, but I have seen at least one review stating lower handle effort. I was just looking for some more input on that. 

It will not reduce handle effort at all. Rollsizer only rollsized the bottom part of the brass to spec and after that the resize procedure will be the same.  

OK, we have never done a technical or qualitative review on the handle load reduction, feedback from most manual reloaders was that it is reduced significantly. 

given the majority of the load on sizing is on the lower part of the case this is expected. I just cannot quote a % reduction.