Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rollsizer vs CasePro

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/22/2019 at 4:43 PM, BigEar said:

Drill Operating Manual Rollsizer (Click To View)

I did not remove the crank handle.  This is just for demonstration purpose to have an idea the speed of using a electric drill.

Overall speed is not that bad.  

That’s really cool. I’d like to pick one of these up in the future. Even the DC model is pretty reasonable. 

On 11/19/2018 at 8:14 PM, JatCarver said:

Came across this casefeeder, anyone have any experience or thoughts? 

https://www.hasgrok.com/?product=feedinator-1000-case-feeder

I've about had it with the dillon case feeder on the rollsizer. With the case feeder attached to the rollsizer mount, the vibrations from the rollsizer are well coupled to the case feeder and I get a lot of jams at the funnel and brass falling out. I've decoupled the two by moving the case feeder to a separate mount, don't seem to get the brass jams at the funnel but if I run 3-4 pins on the rollsizer the case feeder is runn 100% of the time and I'm running into a lot of instances of casejams at the shell plate. I.e. cases that start falling late and the shell plate jams the case against the top of the feeder clutching out.

I don't think the dillon case feeder was designed to run constantly at the fast speed. You are probably fine running 2-3 pins on the rollsizer, obviously you are limiting the full potential of the rollsizer. I was going to get an upgraded motor for the dillon case feeder to take advantage of ~6k cases rolled per hour, but i'm pretty sure I'll just have more issues at a higher speed.

I'm dumping the dillon case feeder and buying a feedinator. Seem's its designed for high feed rates!

SmithCity:

I have ImmortoBot's upgraded motor for the Dillon case-feeder. I also get brass jamming at the funnel, but this is not a case feeder problem, but funnel or perhaps a slimmer hose may help as well. I run all six pins and since speed is adjustable, I just slow it down a bit so there is no stack in the hose. Just barely there. I processed over 5k in an hour with probably a handful of late feeds causing the shell plate jams. Not bad as most of the time it ran flawlessly without issues.

54 minutes ago, LowBoost said:

SmithCity:

I have ImmortoBot's upgraded motor for the Dillon case-feeder. I also get brass jamming at the funnel, but this is not a case feeder problem, but funnel or perhaps a slimmer hose may help as well. I run all six pins and since speed is adjustable, I just slow it down a bit so there is no stack in the hose. Just barely there. I processed over 5k in an hour with probably a handful of late feeds causing the shell plate jams. Not bad as most of the time it ran flawlessly without issues.

I'm sure the immorto case feeder upgrade is good and I don't want to bash it. What I will say is that I don't think the dillon case feeder is built for these higher speeds (much like the case pro wasn't built to be automated, the case pro comes with problems when you automate it!). The Feedinator has sensors built into it to adapt to the speed of what it is feeding, it cannot spill brass everywhere from a jam, it also has sensors to self un-jam should a jam occur, and its built for 10k rph feeding. If you buy a dillon case feeder and upgrade the motor, you are at $450 (MSRP), the feedinator is ~$400. Conceivably, the feedinator is cheaper and designed for high feed rates.

Seems others don't have much experience with the feedinator, I'll be a guineapig.

Edited by Smithcity

I am not bashing either, just letting you know my experience so far. In all honesty, if I would have known about the feedinator before, I would have probably tried that as well. I just got my Dillon case feeder and Immortobot upgrade last week and ran a batch of brass. I won't be using it for a while, so I will eagerly wait for your review and I may sell mine (I like gray or black better than blue. Blue also messes my room color matching and OCD *pun intended*).

This being said, the Immortobot does slow down during a jam and you can flip the switch and it will reverse.

I didn't have to use that feature at all and based on the video posted above, I have the Immortobot running faster than that with the RollSizer with 6 pins. 

Edited by LowBoost

13 minutes ago, LowBoost said:

I am not bashing either, just letting you know my experience so far. In all honesty, if I would have known about the feedinator before, I would have probably tried that as well. I just got my Dillon case feeder and Immortobot upgrade last week and ran a batch of brass. I won't be using it for a while, so I will eagerly wait for your review and I may sell mine (I like gray or black better than blue. Blue also messes my room color matching and OCD *pun intended*).

This being said, the Immortobot does slow down during a jam and you can flip the switch and it will reverse.

I didn't have to use that feature at all and based on the video posted above, I have the Immortobot running faster than that with the RollSizer with 6 pins. 

Good to know. The immortobot upgrade makes sense if you already have a dillon case feeder....and the case feeder is reliable enough. 

Now, if there was a cost effective way to remove both 380's and especially 38supers from my 9mm brass so my rollsizer stopped jamming with poorly sorted brass! 

The immortalarms  casefeeder upgrade is a good cost effective solution. We see regularly 6,000+ rates on this buthe bigger commercial operations tend to use the 14" or even the 16" MA casefeeder.  These have the power and suge capacity. 

If you set the drop tube height to suit the 38 super it should run the 380 and 38 supers just fine when processing 9mm the 380 and super are smaller diameter cases.

1 minute ago, mechanoset said:

The immortalarms  casefeeder upgrade is a good cost effective solution. We see regularly 6,000+ rates on this buthe bigger commercial operations tend to use the 14" or even the 16" MA casefeeder.  These have the power and suge capacity. 

If you set the drop tube height to suit the 38 super it should run the 380 and 38 supers just fine when processing 9mm the 380 and super are smaller diameter cases.

I thought I tried setting the tube height for the 38super and ran into issues with the 9mm. I'll have to give it another try, see what happens, and report back. I hate them 38supers!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive taken delivery of a feedinator, set it up, and ran a few hundred cases through it on the rollsizer. Initial impressions are positive. The feedinator runs faster than the rollsizer with 6 pins. The feedinator doesnt have the funnel jamming issue that the dillon case feeder has. A few times cases got jammed while the shell plate rotated, feedinator auto unjammed and kept feeding.

Will have to keep testing!

Good to hear. I haven't had any hobby time in a while, but I will wait to hear some more of your feedback.

I think I will post my new Dillon case with ImmortoBot upgraded motor for sale and try this one.