Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rollsizer vs CasePro

10 minutes ago, LowBoost said:

Looks like everyone is at ShotShow. I was trying to place an order but no answers.

Guess I'll have to wait a week. I also wonder if Immortobot has them in stock?

Might try it on the website. He has a discount code right now...

shotshow..PNG

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, LowBoost said:

Thanks for the info. Immortobot is $1700 shipped while direct from Kevin is $250 shipping!!! Even with the 5% is cheaper if ordering here in the US

I thought someone said if you ordered from him it shipped from Immortobot.. Maybe I was wrong. That'd be a costly thing to find out though. haha

Hello: I use a Case Pro and have been very happy with it for over 10 years. It is fast enough and does not take much effort to size the brass in 9mm and 40 for me. I have not installed an electric motor to it but have one that will work for it. The Rollsizer is quite loud from the one I have seen in person. Another cheaper option is a undersize die. I can load 9mm major brass 5-8 times then it is done. Thanks, Eric

28 minutes ago, NickG013 said:

So how many times on average do you think you're able to reload your 9 major cases? And do you only know the primer pockets are too loose when you seat the primer because it seats too easily?

I can get 3-4 out of a piece of brass normally. But I tend to loose them before that anyways. So it doesn't matter.

Loose primer pockets can be felt when seating (On a 650 at least). But they tend to just fall out on their own from being loose. I use new or true once fired brass for majors (Get "true" once fired from cop buddies from their PD ranges).

Edited by Maximis228

15 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

I can get 3-4 out of a piece of brass normally. But I tend to loose them before that anyways. So it doesn't matter.

Loose primer pockets can be felt when seating (On a 650 at least). But they tend to just fall out on their own from being loose. I use new or true once fired brass for majors (Get "true" once fired from cop buddies from their PD ranges).

Nice! Thanks for the info. BTW I have Don building me my first open gun right now so I'll probably have more questions for you down the road since you're his most frequent flyer. Haha

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I use a Case Pro and have been very happy with it for over 10 years. It is fast enough and does not take much effort to size the brass in 9mm and 40 for me. I have not installed an electric motor to it but have one that will work for it. The Rollsizer is quite loud from the one I have seen in person. Another cheaper option is a undersize die. I can load 9mm major brass 5-8 times then it is done. Thanks, Eric

1. I'd say the sound is about the same.

2. Undersize die does NOTHING for the bulge at the bottom of the case, that is what a roll sizer is really for. You still need to full length size after roll sizing as well.

I have been trying to get a hold of Immortobot just to see if they have it in stock so I can place my order. :(

Tanks - I believe you mentioned there was a very noticeable difference when loading in the M7 when mixed headstamps are roll-sized versus when it is not, right?

Edited by LowBoost

There is a difference in the primer collator station when brass is preprocessed and uniform. I have not had a jam since I began pre-processing my brass. For me pre-processing means rollsize, decap, swage and resize.

Then in regular processing I swage again, and resize again at the priming station though the resizing die is there just to hold down and center the brass.

Also, I have not had a reject at the hondo case gauger due to brass being out of spec either.

So, basically brass is handled 3 times. Once to rollsize. Once to swage, decap, and resize and once to finally load. As fast as the rollsizer (using Mark 7 case collator) and the Revolution is when just processing brass I can pre-process tens of thousands of pieces of brass in a weekend and then I am good to load for a good while. Not to mention I really don't need to keep a close eye on the process so I can have a lot of dry firing going on while doing this.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, anbrumm said:

Might try it on the website. He has a discount code right now...

Was planning to order one of these at the SHOT Show but couldn't find them.  Was the discount through the mfr in Australia, or the US distributor?

It's through Kevin over Australia, however, if you order through his site, the order will be shipped from Mark over at ImmortoBot in USA.

If you are on the fence, I would order Today as the code may be active until Today.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:34 PM, quiller said:

I just checked the Rollsizer site and found the new manual and DC motor models. I don't need the original (big dollar) electric one......but the manual is very tempting. Anyone have one? Care to give some feedback? I wonder if you could attach a motor and turn it into a DIY electric version?

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Thanks for sharing this. I bet you could hook a motor up to that in no time! Sure be easier than getting tennis elbow!

I just ordered one. Will see how it goes.

There is a description below the video if u go to YouTube. He said you can hook up with a two speed high torque driller. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, Foxbat said:

Nylon screws are wear item, and there is no need to drill them out, just buy a bag of 100pcs for a few bucks, and change them as soon as you notice slight distortion to the head shape. 

In those very few cases when they lost their heads, I used diagonal cutters to unscrew the stem - comes out very easily. 

Use a common screw driver from a jewlers  screw driver set and tap it into the screw, dosent take a lot, back the screw shank out.----------Larry

The manual rollsizer will take a power drill.  There is also a DC motor version as well.  The small units will only do pistol, so if rifle is something you are looking at, then you are going to have to go big.

None of have shipped to the US yet, but they are getting very close.

15 hours ago, BigEar said:

I just ordered one. Will see how it goes.

There is a description below the video if u go to YouTube. He said you can hook up with a two speed high torque driller. 

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this once you receive it. I think this model makes it a lot more likely that smaller volume shooters can afford one.