Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rollsizer vs CasePro

1 hour ago, anbrumm said:

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this once you receive it. I think this model makes it a lot more likely that smaller volume shooters can afford one.

Will definitely share my experience.  It's not cheap even the manual model. 

Manual Rollsizer - USD590

9mm Conversion for Manual Rollsizer - USD84

38SC Conversion for Manual Rollsizer - USD84

Small Pistol Drop Tube - USD25

DHL International - USD106.95

TOTAL: USD889.95 (Definitely not cheap but still a lot less.  I'm willing to give up the speed for the price as long as they work the same to the brass)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will definitely share my experience.  It's not cheap even the manual model. 
Manual Rollsizer - USD590
9mm Conversion for Manual Rollsizer - USD84
38SC Conversion for Manual Rollsizer - USD84
Small Pistol Drop Tube - USD25
DHL International - USD106.95

TOTAL: USD889.95 (Definitely not cheap but still a lot less.  I'm willing to give up the speed for the price as long as they work the same to the brass)
Thanks for the update. I wonder if Immortobot will stock it before long. Thatd knock 100 off it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, anbrumm said:

Thanks for the update. I wonder if Immortobot will stock it before long. Thatd knock 100 off it.

No it wont. It will just be built into the price like their other units are now.

19 minutes ago, anbrumm said:

I doubt because Immortobot price is still little higher even one conversion plate is included.

12 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

No it wont. It will just be built into the price like their other units are now.

ahh yeah, I see that now. Depending what Immortobot charges to ship and their caliber conversions cost it might be just about a wash.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, anbrumm said:

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this once you receive it. I think this model makes it a lot more likely that smaller volume shooters can afford one.

I had received it today but Kevin forgot to put my 38SC conversion kit in the package. 

I'll just share my thought on the 9mm first. 

The package came with the Manual Rollsizer, small pistol drop tube, the plastic hose for the case feeder(If you have one), 4 spare screws, 2 hex tools & user manual.

Surprisingly, after I had installed the drop tube, my DAA mini case feeder can just ride on the drop tube but with a little wobble.

I had ordered an extra adapter from DAA and will figure it out to stabilize it.  However, even with the little wobble the mini case feeder still work. 

(Update: After playing around with it for half an hour, just an O ring or a tiny rubber bend had solved the wobble 99%, let see if the adapter will be better)

First impression, I rollsized about ten 9mm brass for testing purpose and I can say the crank effort required is minimal as stated. 

Compare with my Lee Bulge Buster which makes my hands tired in about a few rounds, the Manual Rollsizer almost do not required any effort at all.  

After rollsized the brass and resized them with Dillion press, the brass drop easily into my case gauge 100%.  Then I used them to made dummy rounds and they all dropped freely to my case gauge.  Much much much better results than the Lee Bulge Buster. 

I'm impressed with the results at this point.  But still need the field test of the ammo to be sure. 

P.S. DAA USA is carrying them now, no need to wait for Immortobot.

Manual Rollsizer In Action (Click to View)

20190218_145735_mh1550520300570.jpg

Edited by BigEar

On 2/19/2019 at 4:34 AM, LowBoost said:

Don't forget one more test... If your AOL gets more consistent as well. :)

There is one thing everyone here has forgotten or has not checked yet is the chronograph test. the cases will be more consistent and the velocity spread will be much tighter. The reduced full length sizing effort (because the cases are rolled) will also reduce the reloading effort especially on the 650's. my own match chrono loads came in with a 5fps spread on one gun, 8fps on the other, same load. OAL should be more consistent as well.

While I only have experience with the CasePro, The only problem (?) with the Roll Sizer is that it doesn't condition the case rim like the CasePro.  Probably not a problem with cases ejected into sand, but potentially a problem with cases ejected onto gravel.  

15 minutes ago, RePete said:

While I only have experience with the CasePro, The only problem (?) with the Roll Sizer is that it doesn't condition the case rim like the CasePro.  Probably not a problem with cases ejected into sand, but potentially a problem with cases ejected onto gravel.  

I shoot indoors for 95+% of all rounds fired during the year (9 Major & 40 Major). Only shoot majors outdoors really. This has never been an issue. It might be more noticeable in something like 38 S/SC.

27 minutes ago, RePete said:

I haven't had much problem with my 38SC brass, it's been reloaded 30+ times....our range is an ex hard rock quarry....it gets scratched up if it is run over a few too many times but not found much of a problem with the rims. 

This is from the last page of the rollsizer manual.

12. Why don’t you offer rim rolling in your Rollsizer?
A. Simply put, rollsizer.com does not believe rim rolling is required in 99.9% of applications.
The vast majority of issues identified by reloaders as “Rim Bulge” related were in fact due to
the cases being formed incorrectly. The rollsizer.com machine was developed to address
this issue and has been a significant success.

As a mechanical engineer I did a lot of research on the case shapes and problem ammunition. I have books of the records. Boring as hell, but made a few test jigs and proved this eccentric issue and disproved the bulged rim. 

One place that has flogged out MG's 'does have bulged rims. But that is the exception 

When I pushed through the rounds from Lee Bulge buster some rounds still not pass the case gauge or barrel chamber, the rim sticks out and I also thought it's the rim problem.  But after rollsized the same brass then a normal resizing, it drops 100% on both gauge & chamber. 

Then I know the push through is not doing a very good job. 

On 2/18/2019 at 2:26 PM, BigEar said:

I had received it today but Kevin forgot to put my 38SC conversion kit in the package. 

I'll just share my thought on the 9mm first. 

The package came with the Manual Rollsizer, small pistol drop tube, the plastic hose for the case feeder(If you have one), 4 spare screws, 2 hex tools & user manual.

Surprisingly, after I had installed the drop tube, my DAA mini case feeder can just ride on the drop tube but with a little wobble.

I had ordered an extra adapter from DAA and will figure it out to stabilize it.  However, even with the little wobble the mini case feeder still work. 

(Update: After playing around with it for half an hour, just an O ring or a tiny rubber bend had solved the wobble 99%, let see if the adapter will be better)

First impression, I rollsized about ten 9mm brass for testing purpose and I can say the crank effort required is minimal as stated. 

Compare with my Lee Bulge Buster which makes my hands tired in about a few rounds, the Manual Rollsizer almost do not required any effort at all.  

After rollsized the brass and resized them with Dillion press, the brass drop easily into my case gauge 100%.  Then I used them to made dummy rounds and they all dropped freely to my case gauge.  Much much much better results than the Lee Bulge Buster. 

I'm impressed with the results at this point.  But still need the field test of the ammo to be sure. 

P.S. DAA USA is carrying them now, no need to wait for Immortobot.

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm still hoping to get one of these eventually. 

@mechanoset are these shipping with the adapter for a powered drill, or is that part still in development?

33 minutes ago, mechanoset said:

The drill adaptor comes with the order now.

It's very simple, it is a #5 hex bit adaptor available from most hardware stores. 

I send 2 of them with the order.

Regards Kevin 

I do not get mine Kevin, will u send it to me?