Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 8LB Recoil Spring for Czechmate?

ilovevtac

Need to lighten the spring on my Czechmate to run minor ammo. Currently have a 10LB Recoil Spring in there from CGW and it's having extraction/stovepipes issue.

Came across Wolff Springs but they list multiple springs.

There are two that I came across; Part # 53808 (CZ75B/85/97B) or Part # 43108 (Long Slide Models)

Thanks !

https://www.gunsprings.com/CZ/75 Series/cID1/mID16/dID91

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, KTM530XCW said:

I'm just getting the hang of my czechmate.  Issue im annoyed by is nose dip when the slide shuts. I'm thinking about trying a lighter weight recoil spring

Did you have luck with the 8 lb spring?

also, im seeing conflicting reports on what the factory spring rate is.  Is 10 lb what it comes with stock?

Jury is still out on that one, I read 13# or 14#, not sure. But, it's what I am using now. The slide (loaded) weighs in at around 10.5 oz.

It's one of those things you have to work out. What bullet weight, powder, recoil spring, etc.... I am actually running a stock recoil spring and using 135gr FP with Silhouette. But each gun and shooter has small differences, sometimes greater. Find what works the best for you, get the dot to come back where it started is always good.

• 5 months later...

Thanks guys for an interesting topic. I currently waiting for my CM and been doing a lot of research regarding the recoil spring. I called Wolff spring and told me that part number 13124 calibration pak works with CM. They told me since CM is long the Recoil spring is a tad short. In that sense the 9lb spring is actually acting like an 8lb and so forth. I will be running minor on USPSA 124gr. Bought some from Atlanta arms and Everglades ammunition and will be trying it. I’ll let you know how it goes. 

Thanks.

Any good and bad criticism is welcome!!!

My Czechmate won't run anything lighter than a 10#. 8# and 9# springs will not return the slide to battery. However, every CM is different. A friend of mine runs an 8# and does not have any issues. Buy multiple springs in various weights, you may have to clip coils to find the ideal set up for your gun. 

• 2 weeks later...

So brought my CM to the range. Run factory Remington 115gr, Everglades 147gr minor. Also tried Everglades 124gr and  147gr major. In stock springs, all run fine. No FTF or FTE, no issue whatsoever. 124/147 minor Is almost the same to my opinion. Got my Wolff springs 8,9, 10, 11, 12 lb springs. I’m gonna start at 8 lbs and work my way up. 

I would like to know what the CM comes with from the factory,  I've read all different numbers. Whatever mine came with has run whatever I put in it. My major USPSA loads (172 power factor) down to my minor PCC load ( 128 power factor 147 grain) have run without issue, along with misc. factory rounds. 

I would like to try some other springs to tune to my loads for major & minor load for steel challenge, but I don't know what to try without knowing what's in it for a baseline. 

Open to suggestions. 

No extra springs came with my CM. With stock recoil spring. It chewed all minor and major loads I put on it. No FTF/FTE, Nose diving, magazine issue on the big stock, which was great out of the box. I will be using Wolff spring, I got it already but have not gone to the ramble to try it. I’ll let you know.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. My CM came with 13 lbs recoil spring. Installed Wolff 12 then 11 then 10 then 9 lbs recoil spring. End up shooting 9 lbs for most of the day. Used all factory 115gr and 124gr Winchester, Remington, CCI. No issue on feeding and extracting ammo. In terms of which gr is better, 115gr shoots flatter than 124gr in my opinion on how I felt the gun. Now the CCI felt like the use better between Winchester or Remington. Hope this help anyone.

• 2 years later...
On 1/11/2019 at 10:51 PM, KTM530XCW said:

I'm just getting the hang of my czechmate.  Issue im annoyed by is nose dip when the slide shuts. I'm thinking about trying a lighter weight recoil spring

Did you have luck with the 8 lb spring?

also, im seeing conflicting reports on what the factory spring rate is.  Is 10 lb what it comes with stock?

Hello there. There's a Facebook group page called CZ Open Shooters and they show how to tune your mags. I follow their instructions and was able to fix my mags. I also reamed the barrel and lower the ramp. Hope it helps.

Esteban

OCG Manager

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...